Question regarding Freedompop mobile phone service?

Inception9269

Wondering if anyone here has any experience with that service, all I know is they run off Sprint's network.

With the job I'm working right now I'm only a substitute but if I manage to get hired full time this summer I'd be making the big money. One thing about it though is if I'm placed on a very specific position here (which is a strong possibility since most start off on it) I'd have to deal with ALOT of events especially sporting events where Id end up having my phone blowing up with calls the entire 8 hour shift, and even calls in the middle of the night.

If I get the job I want to buy a new phone to replace my current one, will go with AT&T for that phone. But what I'd do is keep my current phone to use as a work phone, so this one has to deal with all that shit. Whenever I'm off work I can silence it or shut it off completely and forget about it, only having it active during work.

With Freedompop apparently I can get unlimited talk and text for as low as $12 I think. Was wondering if anyone had first hand experience with it? Like bad call quality or dropped or missed calls?

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

3 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

Like bad call quality or dropped or missed calls?

Its the Sprint network, so yeah. I got rid of Sprint 4 years ago when my Sprint phone stopped working in Wayne MI, as in no service. Wayne MI is part of Metro Detroit. Since I have switched to T Mobile and have never had an issue. Plus Ive had many dropped calls and poor customer service experience with Sprint. Not sure how Freedompop's customer service is, anything is better than Sprint, hell even Comcast customer service is better than Sprint and thats fucking saying something. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Its the Sprint network, so yeah. I got rid of Sprint 4 years ago when my Sprint phone stopped working in Wayne MI, as in no service. Wayne MI is part of Metro Detroit. Since I have switched to T Mobile and have never had an issue. Plus Ive had many dropped calls and poor customer service experience with Sprint. Not sure how Freedompop's customer service is, anything is better than Sprint, hell even Comcast customer service is better than Sprint and thats fucking saying something. 

I agree, their service is shit. I had them in 2011 and it was a thing where to get "good enough" signal back when I used them for home Internet I'd have to set my phone up on the highest shelf in my room, like 2 feet from the ceiling. When it came to phone calls I'd have to be standing up to get the best signal.

In early 2014 in an attempt to get broadband Internet at my place I ordered this one service that ran through Sprint's network, they sent me out an antenna that you'd mount to your roof. even with an antenna mounted on my roof I got no more than 1-2 bars. and my house sat in the center of 3 cell phone towers that were all within 3 miles of us.

I used Freedompop a little in late 2014 to give me extra data for cheap, it was better then I think.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿