Why are there only Z370 Motherboards

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if there is ever going to be B and H-series motherboards for coffee lake?

Thanks!

The B and H chipsets will come, don't know why it's taking so long though. At the moment, it's kind of made the 8th gen i3s completely pointless as the motherboards are all more expensive than them.

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

The B and H chipsets will come, don't know why it's taking so long though. At the moment, it's kind of made the 8th gen i3s completely pointless as the motherboards are all more expensive than them.

Well I was just thinking that the lack of B and H series makes the i5-8400 kinda pointless even though it's an incredible CPU since you have to get a Z370 mobo right now

21 minutes ago, jorenc said:

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if there is ever going to be B and H-series motherboards for coffee lake?

Thanks!

it should be on the release of Zen+ (mid april maybe)

why it took so loonngg

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

19 minutes ago, jorenc said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

That's because Coffee Lake was supposed to launch this year originally, but AMD released Ryzen and Intel was forced to release Coffee Lake early to stay competitive. 

31 minutes ago, jorenc said:

They will be coming

I'm going to bet there's only Z370 boards because it forces you to buy a Z370 board, if for some reason you don't want to save some cash with ryzen...

There's also some conspiracy that because of the really low base clocks on the i5 8400, that it will perform worse on the other chipsets due to weaker VRMs and the like, but it's doubtful that will matter.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Some people might say that Intel had to rush out the whole 8th series in response to Ryzen taking a big chunk of their market share .... hence why H/B series boards aren't ready 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P