Low performance on GTX 650

Danny Proud

I need help I cant play well because of low fps on GTX 650 I've been getting 12-80fps in lowest settings and in other games too like Counter strike source 12-20fps lowest settings

please I really need help. (sorry for my english)

here's my spec :

Intel Core  2 Quad Q8400 

Nvidia geforce gtx 650 

4gb ram

windows 8.1

Gpu.jpg

cou.jpg

Uninstall the drivers with DDU, download the newest ones from Nvidia and install those.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Has your performence gotten worse or was it always like this?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, Rasbir Singh said:

Has your performence gotten worse or was it always like this?

it was always been slow :( 

1 minute ago, Theguywhobea said:

You're getting low performance because that's a fairly low end card.

I'm still in elementary I really can't afford expensive cards .

1 minute ago, Danny Proud said:

it was always been slow :( 

Intel Core  2 Quad Q8400 

Nvidia geforce gtx 650 

4gb ram

sorry but with specs like these it's normal to get bad performance... try reinstalling drivers just to see if that changes anything but I'm afraid this is as good as you'll get.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

10 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Uninstall the drivers with DDU, download the newest ones from Nvidia and install those.

I Already uninstall the drivers using DDU and update it , still nothing changed  :(

What are your temperatures like? Since we're talking 10 year old CPU and 6 year old GPU here, stuff needs to be properly serviced once in a while (cleaning out dust, repaste etc.)

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Danny -- your system is a bit on the old side, so your not going to get wonderful performance out of that machine running anything except some basic ESPORTS titles.  But as the folks above have said -- basic PC cleaning and maintenance is key to getting what you have working at its peak.  Lets start at the basics.

The Windows OS

- Use a program like CCleaner to remove old programs, and anything else you don't need

- Look at reducing any "startup" programs that are likely running in the background eating up memory ( https://kb.iu.edu/d/adlf )

- Only remove programs from startup that you are fully aware of as removal of some driver related programs can reduce your performance

- Increase your PAGE file ( https://goo.gl/gLtEZo )

- Update your motherboard and GPU drivers (as stated above)

- When running games on 4GB of RAM, make sure you close as many open programs as possible before starting -- like Chrome, EDGE, Firefox, etc...

The Hardware

- Clean out your PC of any dust or debris that might be hanging around

- A $3 tube of thermal paste -- and about 30 mins to re-apply some to your CPU/Heatsink -- if its not been done since the original paste has been put on the Q8400 it might be time (cannot hurt)

- Here is a LTT video about thermal paste

A fresh copy of Windows might not be a bad idea either -- depending on how long your current version has been installed (or what version it is -- W10, W8, W7, W-XP)

Best of luck young Padawan.  

Newf

12 hours ago, newfieboy1983 said:

Danny -- your system is a bit on the old side, so your not going to get wonderful performance out of that machine running anything except some basic ESPORTS titles.  But as the folks above have said -- basic PC cleaning and maintenance is key to getting what you have working at its peak.  Lets start at the basics.

The Windows OS

- Use a program like CCleaner to remove old programs, and anything else you don't need

- Look at reducing any "startup" programs that are likely running in the background eating up memory ( https://kb.iu.edu/d/adlf )

- Only remove programs from startup that you are fully aware of as removal of some driver related programs can reduce your performance

- Increase your PAGE file ( https://goo.gl/gLtEZo )

- Update your motherboard and GPU drivers (as stated above)

- When running games on 4GB of RAM, make sure you close as many open programs as possible before starting -- like Chrome, EDGE, Firefox, etc...

The Hardware

- Clean out your PC of any dust or debris that might be hanging around

- A $3 tube of thermal paste -- and about 30 mins to re-apply some to your CPU/Heatsink -- if its not been done since the original paste has been put on the Q8400 it might be time (cannot hurt)

- Here is a LTT video about thermal paste

A fresh copy of Windows might not be a bad idea either -- depending on how long your current version has been installed (or what version it is -- W10, W8, W7, W-XP)

Best of luck young Padawan.  

Newf

Thanks, ill try cleaning my CPU/GPU.