Monitor FLASHES when i stand up from my chair

-TesseracT-

It’s ESD. The monitor doesn’t have proper grounding. Nothing that can be fixed…I guess just don’t buy that one. Or maybe wrap it in aluminum foil.😂 

• 1 month later...

Wow! It is wild to think this has been an issue for so many, and only now came to discover that I am finding the exact same issue - Omega softweave with Asus ROG monitor. To make matters even more weird, my girlfriend and I now share a two desk set up (his and hers), but the flickering has now migrated a desk over to the Dell monitor.. perhaps it finds the weakest cable around?

Regardless.. this is a very interesting issue, but hopfully our tech won't fail due to this. I am going to try a cable swap as mentioned previously, and see if this solves the issue and I will comment on my results.

I hope Secret Labs finds this and develops anti static wheels... perhaps this will help lol..

When people stand or sit on gas lift chairs, they can generate an EMI spike which is picked up on the video cables, causing a loss of sync displays randomly flickering it could actually be connected to sitting on gas lift chairs.

On 1/22/2024 at 8:40 AM, kourbem said:

When people stand or sit on gas lift chairs, they can generate an EMI spike which is picked up on the video cables, causing a loss of sync displays randomly flickering it could actually be connected to sitting on gas lift chairs.

Now, that's an interesting thought.  I tried getting up and sitting down several times and my Asus monitor flickered fairly reliably in time with that.  The monitor is a PG279Q, connected via DisplayPort. The second monitor, an older ASUS connected with DVI, never flickers.