MSI z370 Gaming plus, usb ports not working anywhere (Just build my new gaming pc)

Smades

Hi,

I build my new gaming pc recently, however i can't get the usb ports of the motherboard to work.
They don't work anywhere, not in the bios, or in windows 10, or in safe mode boot. The first time i turned the pc on it did show my usb keyboard was being powered since the back lighting turned on for like 3 seconds. I tried entering the bios straight away but since i didn't get any response from it and the pc got stuck I shutdown the pc and tried a PS2 keyboard, which worked. With that i got into the bios and tried to solve the problem there, without any luck. After that i booted up windows 10 and tried installing all the drivers for MSI z370 gaming plus and intel. However I'm not able to install a lot of those drivers. For example intel graphics 15.65 says my system does not meet the minimum requirements. And if i try to install intel serial IO driver it says my platform does not support it. I also tried updating all sorts of devices in device manager such as universal serial bus controllers as it gives me error code 10, stopped working. I also tried updating the drivers of the motherboard using a flash drive, but since the usb ports do not work the mobo did not detect any flash device. The usb ports do seem to provide power as it charges my phone, however this does not get my anywhere unfortunately. I feel like i tried everything..

Besides the usb ports not working my pc is not able to shutdown on itself either. as it ll get stuck on a loading screen or black screen. I can only force it to shut down.

The components i used to build my new gaming pc are:
-MSI z370 gaming plus (new)
-intel i5 8600k (new)
-Nvidia GTX 970 (from my old pc)
-2x 8gb DDR4 g skill ripjaws 3000 mhz 16 (new)
-1TB Sata HDD.. not sure what the rest is (from my older pc, Did not erase it before building new PC)
-Corsair 80+ bronze 650W (from my old pc)
-Cryorig H7 cpu cooler

If anyone knows what the cause of my problem could be please let me know. You can also contact me on +310616636665

Thx, Joris

35 minutes ago, Smades said:

snip

might need to get A new mobo from the company, hopefully your board has a warranty

MF UH BEANS

14 hours ago, OLROY said:

How did you get windows 10 installed if your USB ports don't work?

by booting up the system and activating windows, lile i said only the usb ports dont seem to be working

• 5 months later...

Hi Smades, the usb for msi z370 gaming plus wont work because of the setting for fast boot, i believe the fast boot sector got mention if you enable the fast boot it will disable the usb function on boot. you have to close if you want usb function when boot your computer. For the safe mode function, u cannot access because of the msi software somehow disable the advance option for window 10. I manage to find out it was the msi ram disk cause the advance option missing after u uninstall the option will appear again or you have to reformat window. You can use msi fast boot to enter the bios again. For the intel graphic you does not meet requirement it is because of when you connect your Nvidia GTX 970 your system unable to run intel graphic or detect, there is no need for you install intel graphic driver when you are plug in Nvidia GTX 970, unless you enable the setting call IGD multi monitor in the bios for your system to run both nvidia and intel graphic together only you can  install intel graphic driver.

55 minutes ago, Noellx said:

the usb for msi z370 gaming plus wont work because of the setting for fast boot

If Fast-Boot is enabled it will lead to minimal initialization of USB devices and that could stop them from working properly even when in Windows. There will probably be a tab for peripherals in the BIOS so take a look at some of those settings.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a new build and I am having the same issue with USB adapters not installing, the thing is I do not have fast boot on but also Ethernet and wireless adapters will not install/are not found. I have 64 bit Windows 7.

On 9/7/2018 at 1:16 PM, EriksBlue said:

This is a new build and I am having the same issue with USB adapters not installing, the thing is I do not have fast boot on but also Ethernet and wireless adapters will not install/are not found. I have 64 bit Windows 7.

Have you tried manually installing the drivers? From MSI's website?