Watercooling a HP 1070

Hey Guys

i hope you guys and ladies can excuse my bad english. I am a physics student from germany and a huge fan of LTT.

about 1 year ago i buyed a HP Pc (Hp Envy Desktop 750 452ng) for a really good Price. The pc got some nice speccs a bad powersuply and i would think a questionable Motherboard but im not pro at all. I bought that pc with the thought in mind to put everything inside this pc with a new powersuply and a new Motherboard in a new case. 

now i extendet my thought to watercolling the CPU and GPU. I Know this is in no way neccesary (cant even overclock the i7 6700 non-k) but i wanna do it anyway just for the LOL's!  

i thought that HP used a nvidia gtx 1070 FE. but the 1070 inside my pc is obviously no FE. is Looks like this one: https://swingcomputers.com/products/hp-oem-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-desktop-video-card-new-fast-fresh-pull.  and i dont think that they created two seperat 1070's with the same IO etc. 

does anyone here got any expirience with the HP 1070? Did they Change the architecture of the Card? or is this Card underneath the case basicly a FE? because i would not really think that a company like HP, who are not even selling this graphiccards and just using these inside very few pc´s, would spend that mouch Money in development of a alternativ design. when they could just use the design of the FE.

Or if you dont have any expirience maybe someone here has more Knowledge and also a HP 1070 and can have a look. I simply dont know how diffrent components are arranged in the FE. 

Anyways im totally new here and even if you dont respond Keep up the good work i sure you are helping a lot of other People.

Best wishes

Mathis

The Gpu is probaly a refrence board

Probaly

My life

The HP 1070 uses the same screw alignment as the FE, you could easily throw an FE waterblock on there. What you have there is essentially an FE card but with a different cooler.

Your PSU is more questionable than the motherboard just by being an OEM unit. The only reason to question a motherboard would be by VRM quality, which isn't a worry since you can't overclock your CPU anyway.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

yeah i know the PSU is the real Problem but honestly my 6700 can hold the 3.8-4Ghz boost clock and the 1070 does not throttle at all. But the Motherboard is missing some IO.

usually i am connecting my Musicstation with an optical cable. The Option to connect this cable with the Motherboard isnt given here. just one example.

But thanks for the quick Response. you comfirmed my thought. but i think if there is no one here who really got a expirience with it i will have to open the Card and find a nice store who can open one of its FE so i can check it (dont really know if any store will do it).

Greetings

Hi 

On ‎10‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 7:35 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

The HP 1070 uses the same screw alignment as the FE, you could easily throw an FE waterblock on there

i just got one or two last questions to make sure i understood you right.

I know what you said was also only a edjucated guess. But i wanna use youre knowlege a bit fourther. :D

when you are talking about throwing a FE waterblock on there you are talking about a "full-cover-waterblock" like the ones for example from EKWB right?

and when im right:

would you said that it would be wise to buy a Waterblock wich claims to fit on multiple 10xx FE Card including the 1070 (so most likely less restrictions) like this one:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc-geforce-gtx-fe

Or  is it smarter to buy a waterblock wich was designed specificly for the 1070 FE like this one:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc1070-gtx-nickel

I hope im not acting against some rule by posting links to online-stores. if so please let it me know and i will find a other way.

thanks in advance

3 hours ago, HugeFan said:

Hi 

i just got one or two last questions to make sure i understood you right.

I know what you said was also only a edjucated guess. But i wanna use youre knowlege a bit fourther. :D

when you are talking about throwing a FE waterblock on there you are talking about a "full-cover-waterblock" like the ones for example from EKWB right?

and when im right:

would you said that it would be wise to buy a Waterblock wich claims to fit on multiple 10xx FE Card including the 1070 (so most likely less restrictions) like this one:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc-geforce-gtx-fe

Or  is it smarter to buy a waterblock wich was designed specificly for the 1070 FE like this one:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc1070-gtx-nickel

I hope im not acting against some rule by posting links to online-stores. if so please let it me know and i will find a other way.

thanks in advance

Nah you're fine, those links are good.

When I say "FE waterblock", I'm referring to a waterblock such as the one you linked that is designed to fit on the FE cards. You'll do fine with either one to be perfectly honest.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!