Intel mulls deals possibly including bid for Broadcomm - Report

Go to solution Solved by Shreyas1,
25 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

I need one of those GIFs of a fish getting eaten by a fish which itself gets eaten by a fish.

There's always a bigger fish

- Qui Gonn

Sources:

https://www.teletrader.com/intel-mulls-deals-possibly-including-bid-for-broadcom-report/news/details/42511672?internal=1

Quotes from articles:

"Intel Corporation is examining a possibility of a number of acquisitions that could include a bid for Broadcom Ltd, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday citing sources familiar with the matter."

"The possible move comes as a reaction to Broadcom's hostile pursuit of Qualcomm Inc. Sources said that if the situation develops in favor of Broadcom, Intel might step in with its own offer."

My opinions:

I don't like the idea of less semiconductor manufacturers in the market. Plain and simple.

If Broadcom obtains Qualcomm and Intel obtains both of them they will have a pretty effective monopoly as far as CPUs are concerned. Who else is there? Samsung? Apple? maybe nVIDIA if they can find non x86 solutions (Jerry from Tech Talk seemed to think that it's possible). 

This is why we can't have nice things.

I wonder if Intel buys broadcom,  whether the US government will have less issues allowing broadcom to buy Qualcomm?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I wonder if Intel buys broadcom,  whether the US government will have less issues allowing broadcom to buy Qualcomm?

I need one of those GIFs of a fish getting eaten by a fish which itself gets eaten by a fish.

11 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

I don’t have a gif, but here you go. It’s a thing.

02A4CC90-CD08-40C2-B111-869D0437827A.jpeg

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

25 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

There's always a bigger fish

- Qui Gonn

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

18 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

You mean the food chain is a lie? NOOOO!!!

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

What if Intel wants to buy my mom?

I’m sure someone at intel has some spare change laying around.

What’s your point?

2 hours ago, Okjoek said:

2 hours ago, Hiitchy said:

I like this one.

Intel acquiring companies.

Eating-gold-fish-off-treadmill.gif

So if Intel buys broadcom and broadcom buys qualcomm, can we expect Atom based 5g phones running full windows?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

So if Intel buys broadcom and broadcom buys qualcomm, can we expect Atom based 5g phones running full windows?

Not until these better batteries the military keep buying the rights to so the public can't have nice things materialize.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Not until these better batteries the military keep buying the rights to so the public can't have nice things materialize.

I don't mind if the battery only lasts as long as an iphone.  Full windows will be worth the inconvenience of having to recharge at he 6-7 hour mark.

16 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I don't mind if the battery only lasts as long as an iphone.  Full windows will be worth the inconvenience of having to recharge at he 6-7 hour mark.

X86 CPU, I'd be surprised if it did 3 hours tbh.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

X86 CPU, I'd be surprised if it did 3 hours tbh.

I was just poking fun at the iphones.

All jokes aside though I can dream.  So far the other efforts to get full windows even into a small tablet (7") have been lackluster.

4 hours ago, Dredgy said:

I’m sure someone at intel has some spare change laying around.

What’s your point?

his mom so fat... He was making a joke

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I was just poking fun at the iphones.

All jokes aside though I can dream.  So far the other efforts to get full windows even into a small tablet (7") have been lackluster.

Oh LOL, that went straight over my head :D

Please use forum quotes. with well over 1750 posts, you should be knowing how to use the forum.

And you need to explain the news in your own words as well.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Please use forum quotes. with well over 1750 posts, you should be knowing how to use the forum.

Be back soon to edit. Sorry.

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

K done (I think). Burn me at the stake for only skim-reading the first few words of every bullet. Was no TLDR

9 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

K done (I think). Burn me at the stake for only skim-reading the first few words of every bullet. Was no TLDR

Thanks!

But you need to explain the news in your own words as well. The reader should not need to read the title, or article to know what is the news (and copying the news title as the body of the article is no go).