Should I get the he4xx?

LethoX
Go to solution Solved by Max_Settings,

For bassy music? No the HE4XX don’t have a lot of bass. I have a set coming by the end of the month so I’ll let you know about gaming. I’m writing a sub $200 Massdrop headphone showdown. HD6XX vs. K7XX vs. T-X0 vs. HE4XX

55 minutes ago, LethoX said:

I can't find the amp you suggested where I'm from. Can you tell me what specs I should be looking for in an amp? 

I'm using this website if you wanna have a look for yourself. https://www.thomann.de/gb/headphone_preamps.html?sw=Headphone amplifier

Do you have to buy it from there? Do you have Amazon where you live?

Already did it's not there, they don't really have stuff made in the US.

Did I miss it, what's your budget for the amp? I have both the HD6XX and the HE4XX, the former is more refined sounding, less peaky treble, better detail....basically better overall. Though, IF I had just the HE4XX and did not compare it to the HD6XX, I'd imagine I'd be more pleased with it.

55RsDZVh.jpg.94597535fa595889a90951da3a1bb956.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

32 minutes ago, GamerDude said:

Did I miss it, what's your budget for the amp? I have both the HD6XX and the HE4XX, the former is more refined sounding, less peaky treble, better detail....basically better overall. Though, IF I had just the HE4XX and did not compare it to the HD6XX, I'd imagine I'd be more pleased with it.

He wanted headphones with a lot of bass and sound stage for gaming. Not the HE4XX. Although can't wait for my set so I can compare the HD6XX, K7XX, HE4XX, and T-X0.

T50s, not the widest sound stage, but enough. A lot of bass, and Fostex somehow contacted god and asked him to craft their driver to get the best imaging possible, it's that good. Best gaming headphones ever.

26 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I thought he was looking for just an amp, though the Audio GD is a good call.

25 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

He wanted headphones with a lot of bass and sound stage for gaming. Not the HE4XX. Although can't wait for my set so I can compare the HD6XX, K7XX, HE4XX, and T-X0.

I wasn't recommending the HE4XX, merely making an observation about it. He already has the Fidelio X2, from what I've read, it has good tight bass and a relatively wider soundstage which I don't believe compares favorably against the AD700X in the soundstage department.

17 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

T50s, not the widest sound stage, but enough. A lot of bass, and Fostex somehow contacted god and asked him to craft their driver to get the best imaging possible, it's that good. Best gaming headphones ever.

Strangely enough, I don't recall using my T50RP for gaming as I generally tend to use open back cans for what I believe are their forte - better soundstage and imaging.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

10 minutes ago, GamerDude said:

Strangely enough, I don't recall using my T50RP for gaming as I generally tend to use open back cans for what I believe are their forte - better soundstage and imaging.

You haven't tried the MK3s. I know a lot of people recommend gaming in open, and I agree to an extent. But the imaging is more important to me then the sound stage. Who cares how far away the footsteps sound if you can't pinpoint where they are coming from? You need a set of MK3s to try in FPS games. I no longer feel qualified to recommend gaming headphones, because when someone asks, "How are X headphones for gaming." My answer now is, "Not the MK3s." Nothing comes close in what I've tried for gaming. There's good gaming headphones, and then there are the MK3s at the top laughing down at everything else that thinks they are good for gaming. T-X0s are closest thing I've heard for games, awful for music, but they aren't MK3s.

I don't know if I want to spend this much on an amp, when the headphones are half the price. Would I be able to buy an amp for like 100 dollars that would work OK with them?

6 minutes ago, LethoX said:

I don't know if I want to spend this much on an amp, when the headphones are half the price. Would I be able to buy an amp for like 100 dollars that would work OK with them?

Get the Magni 3 here.

https://www.schiit-europe.com/