NCIX Bankruptcy Auction - Day 2

On 08/03/2018 at 8:30 PM, EnergyEclipse said:

I think Maplins here in the UK will fall soon as everything continues to move online.

They already have. 

On 08/03/2018 at 10:54 PM, Roen said:

Linus should just create a subsidiary, have it go into bankruptcy, and auction shit off on a monthly basis. He'll probably make even more bank doing that.

I think that's classed as fraud friend

8 hours ago, GoofOff13 said:

That guy is getting destroyed, but in all fairness his own fanbase has left, so it looks really bad on him.  Also, if i was a youtuber and knew a silver play button was up for grabs at ncix, (thslat i wanted) maybe id watch a few videos, even if it was all brony vids

Sure, you might do that. But why? Ultimately, does it matter who the channel was and what they did? If your intention is to buy the Play Button that you never got (even though you earned it), do you really give a shit where the Play Button comes from at this point?

Furthermore, him being active, not active, etc. Doesn't matter. I'm utterly disgusted at the LMG fanbase that went onto that guys channel and destroyed it.

We were supposed to be better then that. We were supposed to have higher standards.

I was wrong.

We're just as shit as all the rest of these toxic communities.

Let's try and change that.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Furthermore, him being active, not active, etc. Doesn't matter. I'm utterly disgusted at the LMG fanbase that went onto that guys channel and destroyed it.

I agree with you. Its sad to see it happen. :(

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

We're just as shit as all the rest of these toxic communities.

Let's try and change that.

Sadly, that's in part related to the fact that online environment create this sort of bubble where some people (if not most?) don't have any feelings or regards towards others.

Basically, when some are "offered" the chance to do something without any consequences (or feel like they can), they'll just turn into heartless bullies.

And for a minority of those people, I'm guessing they're just sociopath since even when they get called out on those types of behaviour, they still don't care.

And I agree, it's sad and upsetting to see.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

On 3/12/2018 at 10:12 AM, Tcrumpen said:

I think that's classed as fraud friend

Not if it's a legitimate business that's just a terrible business idea.

Can one go into bankruptcy legally speaking, with no creditors?

1 hour ago, Roen said:

Not if it's a legitimate business that's just a terrible business idea.

Can one go into bankruptcy legally speaking, with no creditors?

I'm not quite sure if it would go as far as Fraud, but it would certainly be "False advertising", because you are lying to your customers - you are in fact not going out of business.

Also, I don't think you can declare bankruptcy just willy nilly. You need to have a judge agree that you meet the minimum requirements.

https://bankruptcy-canada.com/how-to-file-bankruptcy-canada/eligible-for-bankruptcy/

Who Qualifies For Bankruptcy

The answer is very simple. To be eligible to file for bankruptcy you must:

owe at least $1,000 and
    have debts greater than the sale value of your assets and
    are unable to pay your debts when they are due.

If you have no debts - or you have "normal" business debts, I don't think you would qualify.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Image result for disapproving llama

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Wow, Linus, that's one hell of a poisoned chalice you handed Mr Mindchop.

1 hour ago, Takata said:

Wow, Linus, that's one hell of a poisoned chalice you handed Mr Mindchop.

Obviously it wasn't Linus' intention to do that. I think Linus posted his channel name in the video as a channel shout-out.

It backfired. People went over there with vitriol and toxicity, instead of being friendly and welcoming.

I honestly bet Linus and crew are just as disgusted with the LMG community's toxic behaviour too.

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Obviously it wasn't Linus' intention to do that. I think Linus posted his channel name in the video as a channel shout-out.

It backfired. People went over there with vitriol and toxicity, instead of being friendly and welcoming.

I honestly bet Linus and crew are just as disgusted with the LMG community's toxic behaviour too.

Going from Lord Linus's reaction on Twitter, yup.:

https://twitter.com/LinusTech/status/973694443902533632

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the video (bit late but work etc)

Pretty bad behaviour from Linus tbh. Saying "Do you know who I am" is just arrogant and disrespectful. I think however there has been a lot of discussion about it already to make you rethink your words. (And indeed the editing did paint it in a certain way)

What Linus should consider whilst watching the videos before they are released is how his fan-base (not as old as you think - young people make impulsive and ill-informed descisions) will react. Not really Linus' fault, but even cutting it out of the video would have been better. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Just watched the video (bit late but work etc)

Pretty bad behaviour from Linus tbh. Saying "Do you know who I am" is just arrogant and disrespectful. I think however there has been a lot of discussion about it already to make you rethink your words. (And indeed the editing did paint it in a certain way)

What Linus should consider whilst watching the videos before they are released is how his fan-base (not as old as you think - young people make impulsive and ill-informed descisions) will react. Not really Linus' fault, but even cutting it out of the video would have been better. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

He wasn't doing the "Do you know who i am" because he was famous like you see some spoilt celebrities do; he has a legitimate claim to the play button that the guys bought seeing as how it was a channel he was in charge of and he brought that channel up from nothing

However i don't think you can really say "do you know who i am?" without sounding arrogant and self entitled because of the nature of the sentence itself

10 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

He wasn't doing the "Do you know who i am" because he was famous like you see some spoilt celebrities do; he has a legitimate claim to the play button that the guys bought seeing as how it was a channel he was in charge of and he brought that channel up from nothing

However i don't think you can really say "do you know who i am?" without sounding arrogant and self entitled because of the nature of the sentence itself

The person who bought it, legally owns it. In the eyes of the law, there is no 'legitimate claim' to an item that doesn't belong to you. 

10 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

The person who bought it, legally owns it. In the eyes of the law, there is no 'legitimate claim' to an item that doesn't belong to you. 

While this is true, sentimentality can hold a lot of value.

Linus, obviously has a lot of sentimental value for the NCIXTechTips channel, and for the Play Button specifically. I think it was totally fair for Linus to ask about it.

Also, I think people are reading into the "Do you know who I am" thing too much. If the guy knew who Linus was, knew he started the NTT channel, he would know that Linus built that channel from the ground up and made it, arguably, what it was at it's peak.

With that in mind, the guy didn't have to say yes.

Linus also went on to say that we only saw part of the interaction - they talked a bit, and the guy was a, quote, "cool dude".

Ultimately, everyone is making too big a deal out of this. The dude didn't steal the Play Button, and Linus wasn't an asshole either. The guy offered it to Linus, and Linus did the (arguably) right thing in turning it down.