Motherboard for i5-8400

So im really considering getting a i5-8400 but i have no clue what motherboard to get? and is there only z370 motherboards for the 8400? since it's not overclockable i would love not to pay the extra for the "z" 

1 minute ago, MadsAndersen2500 said:

So im really considering getting a i5-8400 but i have no clue what motherboard to get? and is there only z370 motherboards for the 8400? since it's not overclockable i would love not to pay the extra for the "z" 

We now the BS, intel is gone release H370, B360 , H310 in 2/3 quarter of this year. If you want to play you gote pay :/ aka the intel wee

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

So i gotta wait to like august or september if i want a b or h board for the 8400? :/ 

Another option, which I would take, is to save $60 more dollars and get the 8600k. It will hold its value because its a K variant and you'll have overclocking ability. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k 3.7Ghz MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4x4) Storage: Crucial MX300 275Gb | WD Blue 1Tb

GPU: XFX RS RX480 8Gb Case: Corsair 270R PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Monitors: HP 22cwa | BenQ BL2420PT  Cans: ATH-M50x 

28 minutes ago, MadsAndersen2500 said:

So i gotta wait to like august or september if i want a b or h board for the 8400? :/ 

Some budget motherboards have already been leaked/surfaced. Those will probably launch next month.

Could you maybe link the leaks? :) 

Any good motherboard suggestions if i were to go with the 8600k? In my country a 8400 costs around 1400 dkk and a 8600 costs 1800 dkk ( 1 US dollar is exactly 6.05 in dkk)

so it isn't too far off, but i was kindda hoping i was saving money getting a non overclock motherboard? do you guys have any suggestions? is it going to cost more more than 1000dkk going for a 8600k with a motherboard able to overclock properly than just getting one of the upcoming budget motherboards + 8400? 

Thanks in advance 

9 minutes ago, MadsAndersen2500 said:

Could you maybe link the leaks? :) 

Any good motherboard suggestions if i were to go with the 8600k? In my country a 8400 costs around 1400 dkk and a 8600 costs 1800 dkk ( 1 US dollar is exactly 6.05 in dkk)

so it isn't too far off, but i was kindda hoping i was saving money getting a non overclock motherboard? do you guys have any suggestions? is it going to cost more more than 1000dkk going for a 8600k with a motherboard able to overclock properly than just getting one of the upcoming budget motherboards + 8400? 

Thanks in advance 

Honestly depending on your country and the prices there, if you're looking at the 8600k, then also take a look at the 8700 non k version.

So you can get a H370 motherboard with an i7 8700. The money that you would've spend on the Z series motherboard can be allocated to the processor. 

well i guess im going to have to wait and see what the price range and features are going to be on those budget cards. I also just saw that some new Intel Coffee lake chips have been leaked that should come out soon also :) 

Nothing beats the fun of overclocking, besides it's free performance!

Try to save some extra cash and go for the 8600K and Z370 Pro and your set.