Has anyone on here managed to get anything from the NCIX auctions?

Just wondered if anyone had managed to score some deals on the auctions at NCIX (I'm not from Canada/US) so not a clue about if it's even going on; kinda wanted in on some of the x99 stuff, maybe older gpus too, that Linus showed off in the video on YT, 

Any lucky guys here, or am I being silly cause there's probably a disclaimer to buying that stuff (some bits of my pc are from mad catz going Down, the dude I bought the bits off weren't allowed to say much beyond how he acquired them, though they work like a dream) 

My PC (Known as TRX):

—CPU: TR 1900X

—Ram: 16GB Corsair Dom Plats "ROG Edition"

—Graphics: GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

—Motherboard: Asrock X399 Taichi

—Storage: 512GB Sabrent Rocket, 2.5TBs HDD

—CPU Cooling: Cooler Master ML360 TR4 RGB Edition

—Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

—PSU: Corsair AX860

Try reposting this in the General Discussion forums. BTW most auction take place later in the evening it is only like 5 a.m. in the morning there. Or maybe the auction took place yesterday for them???

No the auction took place around 2 weeks ago. It's not worth it in my opinion and I also posted this on YouTube comments. 

I definitely thought it was a gold mine. I got so excited about everything until I read the terms and conditions. There's a 17% buyer's premium (probably auction company's fees) and a 12% tax (provincial tax and goods sales tax where we live). That's a total of 29% taxes basically. 

Next point. The prices at the auction didn't necessarily start off with good prices either. While most items were a little under MSRP (some were a little over in prices you could buy at from other local shops or even Amazon Canada) , you would save approximately 30 to 40CAD on some items. This was me... Calculating prices at the beginning of the auction to see if it was still worthwhile to go. I knew about the auction 3 weeks in advance and the prices only started coming up the Tuesday of the auction. The preview was Wednesday and the actual auction landed on a Thursday. This was all in the final week of February. 

Keep in mind that this is an auction. There are no returns, refunds or exchanges. No warranties whatsoever with any company other than the manufacturer if it exists. If you would like to RMA something, good luck with sending that back. 

There is one thing I would've wanted to get but only 1. There was a bundle of 3 sets of 16gb DDR4 ram kits (dual channel not sure what speed) that I would've attempted. There was 1 bidder who bid 300 CAD on it. If he obtained that, congrats. 

Other than that, a lot of items you had to buy in bulk. It was perfect for other smaller companies to restock on things like a pallet's worth of computer cases or even cooler heatsinks. Unless you have the space and patience to resell everything with a marginal profit, don't bother. 

Oh and there was a ton of office supplies and I even saw conveyor belts for auction. Quite astonishing really. 

14 minutes ago, tomoki said:

Next point. The prices at the auction didn't necessarily start off with good prices either. While most items were a little under MSRP (some were a little over in prices you could buy at from other local shops or even Amazon Canada) , you would save approximately 30 to 40CAD on some items. This was me... Calculating prices at the beginning of the auction to see if it was still worthwhile to go. I knew about the auction 3 weeks in advance and the prices only started coming up the Tuesday of the auction. The preview was Wednesday and the actual auction landed on a Thursday. This was all in the final week of February. 

This is sadly a very common issue. I've seen nice local auctions with tech available but the starting prices were so expensive it was just stupid.

Like seriously, SSD's with a starting price that's more than a new one.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

This is sadly a very common issue. I've seen nice local auctions with tech available but the starting prices were so expensive it was just stupid.

Like seriously, SSD's with a starting price that's more than a new one.

Hahaha yeah I find that very unfortunate. If they wanted to attract buyers, they should've lowered initial costs to at least get them through the doorstep. Sure they have the potential to lose that extra cash if someone wins the bid but it's all about preparation on their part. 

There's no one around here that doesn't know NCIS. All they needed were a few advertisements and more preparation. 

I was looking for motherboards, Ram, CPU and anything else that maybe a laptop. I couldn't get myself to begin thinking about buying any of it because of the costs vs risks. I would've bought a laptop cause I kinda want one for traveling but the prices were so similar to the market that I was like.. Yeah I don't really know if it's going to work. I normally wouldn't buy any laptop without a sale cause I don't believe in paying 1.9k CAD before taxes for a laptop that has a 7th generation i5 or even i7 with a gtx 1050ti.

Anyhow, I'm glad I opted out because I bought even newer tech at local stores with price beating and their regular sales. 

8700k for 440CAD before taxes. That's lower than any pc parts picker price I could see in Canada. 

16GB DDR4 3200MHz ram. 215 CAD. Not the best price but for that speed, I don't mind. 

Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 550W for 137CAD. I had help from people here on the forums before making the purchase.

Asus Prime Z370-A for 195CAD.

Where I live, there's a 12% tax. I didn't have to pay shipping for any of it and they're all being shipped cause.. I'm usually working when they are open. There's a post office I can pickup packages from a 10 min walk from home.