noob water cooling question - mix and match parts?

I think the answer to this is already obvious but wanted to check with you guys who know about it since I have never done a custom open loop before...

I want to use Bitspower's acrylic block for the Titan V because it seems more robust than the EK block, but for ease of putting a kit together wanted to get everything else from EK.

Since the block is acrylic I don't need to worry about any issues mixing parts like this right? IE that would only be a problem if mixing metals like copper parts + aluminum parts?

Thanks and I apologize for such a noob question but better safe than sorry.

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

Make sure not to use a coolant with Ethylene Glycol as it will make the acrylic crack and leak after time.

22 minutes ago, Kalm_Traveler1 said:

I think the answer to this is already obvious but wanted to check with you guys who know about it since I have never done a custom open loop before...

I want to use Bitspower's acrylic block for the Titan V because it seems more robust than the EK block, but for ease of putting a kit together wanted to get everything else from EK.

Since the block is acrylic I don't need to worry about any issues mixing parts like this right? IE that would only be a problem if mixing metals like copper parts + aluminum parts?

Thanks and I apologize for such a noob question but better safe than sorry.

16 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Make sure not to use a coolant with Ethylene Glycol as it will make the acrylic crack and leak after time.

Ethylene glycol and acrylic aren’t an issue together it’s PETG that doesn’t play well with ethylene glycol. 

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

Ethylene glycol and acrylic aren’t an issue together it’s PETG that doesn’t play well with ethylene glycol. 

Acrylic will stiffen and crack from exposure to alcohol. Ethylene glycol has alcohol in it. Acrylic and PETG both react badly to it and so do some types of tubing.

I mention this because some people use regular car coolant and some of the other pc water cooling products add these to them to lower the freeze point.

Alcohol damages the polymer chains that both of these solutions are made of.

"If a solvent causes an amorphous polymer to craze, this is because it diffuses into its surface without instantly dissolving it. The surface tries to swell, but can only do so perpendicular to the surface, as the polymer chains are still stuck in the glassy network of the substrate.

The polymer chains end up oriented towards the surface, thereby weakening the structure. When the solvent dries off again, the chains adhere to each other again, but cannot reentangle in time. The surface has become thicker now, but as it is still the same amount of polymer, the additional volume is made up by the cracks and crazes appearing in it."

2 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Acrylic will stiffen and crack from exposure to alcohol. Ethylene glycol has alcohol in it. Acrylic and PETG both react badly to it and so do some types of tubing.

I mention this because some people use regular car coolant and some of the other pc water cooling products add these to them to lower the freeze point.

A good majority of watercooling coolants are still ethylene or propylene glycol based such as Mayhems XT-1 Nuke, and it depends on the alcohol. Isopropyl has pretty immediate negative effects but even just aging will cause plastics such as acrylic to stiffen overtime 

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

A good majority of watercooling coolants are still ethylene or propylene glycol based such as Mayhems XT-1 Nuke, and it depends on the alcohol. Isopropyl has pretty immediate negative effects but even just aging will cause plastics such as acrylic to stiffen overtime 

For the record I mentioned this because I had an older machine that ran Swiftech Hydrx... It ran for maybe 18 months without issues , but when I went to do my yearly loop drain and maintenance I noticed my Acrylic Res was cracked to hell and on the point of leaking at any moment.

I immediately did some research to find the cause and came to the conclusion it was the Hydrx and the glycol in it.