NZXT H7 FLOW

Hello, I am going to buy a NZXT H7 Flow ATX case without RGB, well my question is there any difference between the one without RGB or the one that has RGB in specifications (not counting the RGB lights)
And my other question is if I buy the one that does not come with RGB, later I can change the fans with RGB. (I ask this to be 100% sure). Thank you   (I think it is the motherboard that allows the RGB to work I think)

15 minutes ago, INotPablo said:

Hello, I am going to buy a NZXT H7 Flow ATX case without RGB, well my question is there any difference between the one without RGB or the one that has RGB in specifications (not counting the RGB lights)
And my other question is if I buy the one that does not come with RGB, later I can change the fans with RGB. (I ask this to be 100% sure). Thank you   (I think it is the motherboard that allows the RGB to work I think)

The only difference between the RGB and non RGB is the RBG itself.

You can change the non RGB fans later with RGB fans if you want 🙂  That is no problem at all.

It doesn't have to be NZXT fans either.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, INotPablo said:

well my question is there any difference between the one without RGB or the one that has RGB in specifications (not counting the RGB lights)

The H7 Flow only has two fans installed (And their both 120mm but not very high rpm so CFM should be fine)

H7 Flow RGB has 3 140MM rgb fans included with a 120mm fan at the back

Specs for H7 flow fans 

image.png.bb0a74c0675d5d17086c805f2971c273.png

Specs for H7 Flow RGB fans

image.png.7828328a131b50ab4974895467573ae1.png
Specs for rear non rgb fan in H7 flow RGB Case

image.png.849baa6ca376a4f8306adc01cb00f87c.png

So the rear fan is the same in both but the RGB fans louder and with worse airflow (according to the specs sheet)

19 minutes ago, INotPablo said:

Yes you can if your mothernboard has an rgb header (or if your motherboard has an argb header for controlling the fans lighting)

4 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

The only difference between the RGB and non RGB is the RBG itself.

According to the spec sheet the fans are slightly louder (29dBa vs 25dBa) and bigger (140mm vs 120mm) in the RGB version 

Still strange that (according to NZXT) their larger fans create more noise while having the same CFM

Edited by filpo

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

12 minutes ago, filpo said:

Still strange that (according to NZXT) their larger fans create more noise while having the same CFM

I guess they wanted to save some money and used worse fans for the RGB to keep cost down?

4 hours ago, filpo said:

Entonces, el ventilador trasero es el mismo en ambos, pero los ventiladores RGB son más ruidosos y con peor flujo de aire (según la hoja de especificaciones)

Sí, puedes hacerlo si tu placa base tiene un encabezado rgb (o si tu placa base tiene un encabezado argb para controlar la iluminación de los ventiladores)

Según la hoja de especificaciones, los ventiladores son ligeramente más ruidosos (29 dBa frente a 25 dBa) y más grandes (140 mm frente a 120 mm) en la versión RGB. 

Sigue siendo extraño que (según NZXT) sus ventiladores más grandes generen más ruido teniendo el mismo CFM

So I buy the one that comes without RGB and then I buy RGB fans? Would I choose good quality fans that are not so noisy?

9 hours ago, INotPablo said:

So I buy the one that comes without RGB and then I buy RGB fans? Would I choose good quality fans that are not so noisy?

Such as the p12 ARGBs

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

20 hours ago, INotPablo said:

If you're starting without NZXT RGB fans, that's good because some of them use proprietary NZXT RGB connectors. When you get RGB fans, and even some without lights, always verify which connectors they use. NZXT makes their RGB one non-standard in order to force customers to buy more of their products and stay within their "ecosystem". This I don't like. They do provide good support, but I feel that they charge too much for their fans given the specs.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂