Single Slot, workstation card recomendations

Hello everyone,

I am getting into blender and password cracking and I also do video. I only have a sp4 i5 8gb 256gb laptop with no discrete GPU. I have some 1u servers in my garage that I use for video rendering and blender rendering, but the one I use is a core 2 duo, so not the fastest. It has a single slot and no power connectors for a GPU with a 260-watt PSU. What would be a good graphics card to fit in there, I don't mind using sata to PCIe power adapters, but it obviously has to fit in the power budget with the rest of the system. It has to be a single slot GPU and cant have a double slot heatsink even if the slot cover is one slot. there is moderately good airflow through the system so that's not a biggie. Thanks in advance, The_Audtior

The Quaddro P4000 is a single slot workstation card, but i don't know if it would fit into the power budget...could be close and you would risking damaging you psu if you overdraw. You might just try to get a 300-350 watt psu. The Quaddro P2000 would fit into your power budget i would believe and it's also single slot (https://www.nvidia.com/content/dam/en-zz/Solutions/design-visualization/documents/Quadro-P2000-US-03Feb17.pdf

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

Radeon Pro WX5100. WX4100 if you need low profile.

Upgrade CPU to the fastest your mobo accepts.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone, I might just stick with my CPU at this time as it doesn't need to render fast, just would have been nice.