Opinions about 4K monitor for pc gaming and ps4 pro.

Hello, I'm new in this site. I want opinions about 4K monitor for pc gaming and for ps4 pro. I believe ASUS ROG SWIFT PG27AQ and ACER PREDATOR XB271HK is the best 4k monitor on the market yet, but both don't have hdmi 2.0 and this is a problem for ps4 pro because it can not played 4k 60hz with hdmi 1.4.  So I thinking about Dell U2718Q, the monitor has no g-sync but it has HDR and hdmi 2.0. I didn't find a lot of video reviews about this monitor, so if anyone has this monitor, please to tell me opinions about this monitor. Also i will be happy to read opinions general about 4k monitors or any suggested 4k monitor.  It's better to wait for the 4k monitors with hdr and 144hz ?  

38 minutes ago, JohnnyCyp said:

LG has plenty of 27" 4k IPS displays that should have HDMI 2.0, though I'd prefer 32" 4k if it's available.

but what's your GPU?

The 4k 144hz monitors are likely going to be $1500 and modern GPUs can't drive AAA games that fast at 4k without turning down settings to low.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

LG has plenty of 27" 4k IPS displays that should have HDMI 2.0, though I'd prefer 32" 4k if it's available.

but what's your GPU?

The 4k 144hz monitors are likely going to be $1500 and modern GPUs can't drive AAA games that fast at 4k without turning down settings to low.

Ok thank you i will take a look of LG monitors. I have Asus Strix 1080Ti OC 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyCyp said:

Ok thank you i will take a look of LG monitors. I have Asus Strix 1080Ti OC 

They're all going to have free-sync but they'll work fine as monitors for your GPU, I wouldn't waste money on G-sync when the PS4 can't use it anyways

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#A=2&p=1&r=384002160&sort=price&page=1

This is the cheapest model, dunno if it has HDMI 2.0
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/yfx9TW/lg-27ud58-b-270-60hz-monitor-27ud58-b

Should sell the 1080ti for $1000 while you can btw

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

They're all going to have free-sync but they'll work fine as monitors for your GPU, I wouldn't waste money on G-sync when the PS4 can't use it anyways

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#A=2&p=1&r=384002160&sort=price&page=1

This is the cheapest model, dunno if it has HDMI 2.0
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/yfx9TW/lg-27ud58-b-270-60hz-monitor-27ud58-b

Should sell the 1080ti for $1000 while you can btw

Why i should sell the 1080ti ? i just bought it last week.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyCyp said:

Why i should sell the 1080ti ? i just bought it last week.

How much did you pay for it? 1080tis are horribly overpriced right now. Selling for $1000+ on ebay and retailers.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

How much did you pay for it? 1080tis are horribly overpriced right now. Selling for $1000+ on ebay and retailers.

I bought it for 858 euro (1056 USD) from amazon.es, i was very lucky because once i bought it, it was out of stock, and i don't even care about mining, i just want it for 4k gaming. I'm expecting to received it tomorrow, so i can sell it for around 1400 USD if i didn't used it. But why you tell me to sell it , because of the coming GTX 20 series ?

4 minutes ago, JohnnyCyp said:

because of the coming GTX 20 series ?

Pretty much, new GPUs that will be more capable for 4k are coming, GTX 2080/ti and the Vega refresh

And they'll actually be at MSRP maybe, but ya a 1080ti should only cost like 700-750 EUR normally right? 850 isn't the worst price, but you might be able to turn it around for a profit.

You can always just run games at 1080p on your PC with a lower end GPU and it'll scale to the 4k display just fine.

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Pretty much, new GPUs that will be more capable for 4k are coming, GTX 2080/ti and the Vega refresh

And they'll actually be at MSRP, but ya a 1080ti should only cost like 700-750 EUR normally right? 850 isn't the worst price, but you might be able to turn it around for a profit.

You can always just run games at 1080p on your PC with a lower end GPU and it'll scale to the 4k display just fine.

ok maybe i going to used it, just to saw the power of this gpu and when 20 series released i sold it. I have bought 1080 in black Friday but i sold it more than i bought it just to bought 1080ti, because i believe it capable to play 4k 60fps... but of course the 2080 or maybe 2070 should be better than 1080ti

2 minutes ago, JohnnyCyp said:

ok maybe i going to used it, just to saw the power of this gpu and when 20 series released i sold it. I have bought 1080 in black Friday but i sold it more than i bought it just to bought 1080ti, because i believe it capable to play 4k 60fps... but of course the 2080 or maybe 2070 should be better than 1080ti

The "GTX 2080" will likely only be as fast or slightly faster than the 1080ti for $500-600 if prices were normal, the GTX 2080ti will likely be 20-30% faster

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

The "GTX 2080" will likely only be as fast or slightly faster than the 1080ti for $500-600 if prices were normal, the GTX 2080ti will likely be 20-30% faster

ok, i find this monitor http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UK650-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor it's the only cheapest LG gaming monitor with HDR that i have find yet. I notices in specs says: display port: 1.2 version (HDR support) , is this true ? i know that only 1.4 DP version support HDR... that's very weird... 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyCyp said:

ok, i find this monitor http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UK650-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor it's the only cheapest LG gaming monitor with HDR that i have find yet. I notices in specs says: display port: 1.2 version (HDR support) , is this true ? i know that only 1.4 DP version support HDR... that's very weird... 

It may just have an updated Display Port 1.2 interface that allows for HDR

but the HDR on monitors isn't worth worrying about, likely doesn't even work well, there's a reason true HDR pretty much requires OLED due to it's contrast requirements if I'm not mistaken.

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It may just have an updated Display Port 1.2 interface that allows for HDR

but the HDR on monitors isn't worth worrying about, likely doesn't even work well, there's a reason true HDR pretty much requires OLED due to it's contrast requirements if I'm not mistaken.

Yes for pc gaming the HDR it's not worth it and have some problems with windows 10 at least for now... but for PS4 Pro, the HDR looks great!  

I think 27 is too small for 4k. The pixel density becomes so high that it's barely distinguishable between 1440p and 4k on 27. But that's just me. 

4 hours ago, FiveNine said:

I think 27 is too small for 4k. The pixel density becomes so high that it's barely distinguishable between 1440p and 4k on 27. But that's just me. 

I agreed that you can have a better image experience with a bigger display but this also depends of the distance that you sit from your monitor, i don't have a problem with 27" because my distance from my monitor is 70cm.