Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Nah

I don't see the point in an automatic transmission after 250Hp. At that point you should drive standard. Gives you more control of the car overall. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I don't see the point in an automatic transmission after 250Hp. At that point you should drive standard. Gives you more control of the car overall. 

Nah, unnecessary.

Nah, unnecessary.

GG

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

umm did you not see what I said?

The Buggatti Veyron has an automatic lol. 1200 hp lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Shelby Super Snake, 750+ HP out of a Coyote 5.0L. $50,000 package on top of a regular GT, so your total can be around $85,000-$100,000 for one. Also available in automatic, yay.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-mustang-gt-shelby-super-snake-announced-with-750-hp/

It would take a real ford fan to go. 

"No. I don't want an R8 V10 or a Ghibli or a Gallardo LP560-4 or even a DB9 Volante. I want a mustang"

Also found this bargain

u3GY8Zi.png

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

umm did you not see what I said?

The Buggatti Veyron has an automatic lol. 1200 hp lol

My point still stands. I don't understand the point in an automatic transmission after that point

It would take a real ford fan to go. 

"No. I don't want an R8 V10 or a Ghibli or a Gallardo LP560-4 or even a DB9 Volante. I want a mustang"

And that point with the money I'd probably go for the R8 or DB9. If I wanted a 750HP Mustang I'd buy a GT and throw a Whipple on it.

My point still stands. I don't understand the point in an automatic transmission after that point

Because they're nice to drive.

ariel atom v8 is a good example. 

It uses an double clutch paddle shifter system. (basically an automatic, as it can be programmed to be one) (there is a clutch pedal, but it is only used for launching properly into first as there is no launch control)

They put that in there because in order to set the worlds fastest 0-60 in a production car at the time, they needed it. The gearing is so close that a human shifting was not fast enough.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

ariel atom v8 is a good example. 

It uses an double clutch paddle shifter system. (basically an automatic, as it can be programmed to be one) (there is NO clutch pedal afaik)

They put that in there because in order to set the worlds fastest 0-60 in a production car at the time, they needed it. The gearing is so close that a human shifting was not fast enough.

The other thing about "having more control with the vehicle" is moot because the Mustangs have selective shifting with the automatics.

The other thing about "having more control with the vehicle" is moot because the Mustangs have selective shifting with the automatics.

I usually try to stay out of the auto vs manual debate, but manumatic =/= manual. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I usually try to stay out of the auto vs manual debate, but manumatic =/= manual. 

Never said it was the exact same, but you do have a choice of what gear you want to be in.

giphy.gif

Its catching on!

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

giphy.gif

Its catching on!

Will always call it tiptronic.

Never said it was the exact same, but you do have a choice of what gear you want to be in.

But it doesn't feel right. I mean if you want to shift from 5th to 2nd on a manumatic, then you're gonna have to keep shifting down to get to it. With a real manual, you can just directly shift to 2nd without much fuss.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

But that is only half of the battle, I want to be in that gear right now. Not after the computer makes a decision about my gear selection. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Its catching on!

I've known them as manumatics since they were brand new. Other people have other names for them, usually horse shit. 

But that is only half of the battle, I want to be in that gear right now. Not after the computer makes a decision about my gear selection. 

Exactly. Sure, manumatics have more control than an automatic, but they don't have as much control as a real manual.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

But it doesn't feel right. I mean if you want to shift from 5th to 2nd on a manumatic, then you're gonna have to keep shifting down to get to it. With a real manual, you can just directly shift to 2nd without much fuss.

So you hit the left paddle three times and it shifts in a quarter of a second, whoopie you've gained no time.

:mellow: I think for them if you disable traction control it shifts instantly, should do it anyways even with traction control. But honestly, I don't care. If I want a 750HP car with an automatic, I'm going to get it. I don't care to drive a manual.

So you hit the left paddle three times and it shifts in a quarter of a second, whoopie you've gained no time.

:mellow: I think for them if you disable traction control it shifts instantly, should do it anyways even with traction control. But honestly, I don't care. If I want a 750HP car with an automatic, I'm going to get it. I don't care to drive a manual.

Really, flappy paddles just take all of the fun out of shifting. ALL OF IT.

Instant they certainly are not, the one in the subaru BRZ I drove was particularity bad. Sometimes it felt like half a second between when I told it to shift until it began the shift. Which as you might imagine is incredibly annoying. Traction control makes no difference on manumatic shift times for any of them I have ever driven. 

If you want an auto, I wont stop you. I wont even try to talk you out of it, it is your choice.

Really, flappy paddles just take all of the fun out of shifting. ALL OF IT.

If you find fun from shifting instead of driving, why are you even driving?

Instant they certainly are not, the one in the subaru BRZ I drove was particularity bad. Sometimes it felt like half a second between when I told it to shift until it began the shift. Which as you might imagine is incredibly annoying. Traction control makes no difference on manumatic shift times for any of them I have ever driven. 

If you want an auto, I wont stop you. I wont even try to talk you out of it, it is your choice.

No, not instant but it's much quicker in the new Mustangs from my experience than some vehicles out there. The reason why I mention traction control is because I know there's a few vehicles out there that time the shifts so you don't fuck up traction in some way causing a delay.

Since when did the BRZ/FT86/FRS ever come in automatic? Every one i've seen was a manual.

@AlwaysFSX, since you love Mustangs so much, how do you feel about the newest Mustang finally coming in RHD for the Brits?

Since when did the BRZ/FT86/FRS ever come in automatic? Every one i've seen was a manual.

It has always had the auto option.

It has always had the auto option.

Huh, guess i never found one with an auto then.