im an old man i dont know what monitor to get for gtx 970

drinklime

i used to be good at games but now i am old. i used to know about computers. i have three dell 24" IPS monitors. i used to use eyefinity a lot but i switched to nvidia. i dont use nvidia surround as much. i need to get a new monitor my friend Jerkamie told me to get a 144hz. But I like IPS a lot because i enjoy looking at pictures online. so all the IPS 144hz monitors are 27" inches so is it ok to put a 27" in the middle. and ill get 1440p i guess but can my 970 handle it. would you keep the two 24inchers on the side? will that even work with gsync? thanks for your help this is probably my last PC i will overclock it also i got a new case im going from a p180 to a define R5 

ps what happened to antec

3 minutes ago, drinklime said:

Theyre still around, have a few cases that are pretty decent.

3 minutes ago, drinklime said:

define R5 

Why not r6?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I don't think a GTX 970 can handle 3x 1440p screens, especially when playing games.

Have you thought about multiple 1080p screens instead?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

GTX970 handles any monitor, it has DVI/HDMI & Displayport.

Whether you game at 1440p or not.... it can play many games at 1440p (single screen), but you will have to tune settings, it's nowadays more of a beast 1080p GPU, but 1440p is plenty viable when gaming at that resolution.

As for non-gaming, resolution does not matter, 4K/1440p will all be fine being driven from that GPU.

Only when your chasing high-hertz will you have to investigate your GTX970 Displayport limitations.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

5 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

I don't think a GTX 970 can handle 3x 1440p screens, especially when playing games.

Have you thought about multiple 1080p screens instead?

Op wants to keep 2 of his 1080p and add a 1440p in the middle.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

23 minutes ago, drinklime said:

i used to be good at games but now i am old. i used to know about computers. i have three dell 24" IPS monitors. i used to use eyefinity a lot but i switched to nvidia. i dont use nvidia surround as much. i need to get a new monitor my friend Jerkamie told me to get a 144hz. But I like IPS a lot because i enjoy looking at pictures online. so all the IPS 144hz monitors are 27" inches so is it ok to put a 27" in the middle. and ill get 1440p i guess but can my 970 handle it. would you keep the two 24inchers on the side? will that even work with gsync? thanks for your help this is probably my last PC i will overclock it also i got a new case im going from a p180 to a define R5 

Matched a Benq 27" 1440p 60hz screen with a Strix GTX 970 and its excellent, even in games at 1440p med settings you get over 60fps and photos / video content looks great.  The 970 should have no problem powering 1 1440p monitor and two 1080p monitors for regular desktop / productivity use but if your trying to game on all 3 at once you might run into some issues.

On 3/1/2018 at 11:16 PM, Damascus said:

Theyre still around, have a few cases that are pretty decent.

Why not r6?

I like the drive bays on the r5 better and its more like my p180 without the wall in the middle. i almost got an r6 but then I thought about all my hard drives and i might make a raid 10 later im not sure bud

i think im about to get a scythe for my 1150 i even have ddr3 ram and its fast i will have to turn down AA maybe at 1440p but I need 144hz is that okay

right now my ssd's are just hanging from the cables i shoved them in a pile inside my case

vUkeDbV.jpg

BEFORE AND AFTER IM 72 YEARS OLD

00siP3W.jpg

QF8NXfI.jpg

I STILL DIDNT GET A MONITOR!!!

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, drinklime said:

BEFORE AND AFTER IM 72 YEARS OLD

00siP3W.jpg

QF8NXfI.jpg

I STILL DIDNT GET A MONITOR!!!

May I just say, this is impressive. I suggest hiding those molex connectors in the back and zip tying them to the cable management places on the back of the motherboard tray. My suggestion is maybe to look at an ultrawide

SkilledRebuilds' advice was pretty solid and I'd second it. It's really not worth buying a larger 1080p screen when you can get a 144 Hz IPS for about the same price.

Basically, You will have your monitor through one or two build lifetimes,...
Get something GREAT (new tech?) with brilliant feature sets you can carry through the years.....with new GPU's.

The GTX970 is a stop gap in reality until you find a better midrange solution in a generation or two.In your position of chasing a monitor over a GPU, go something greater if finances allow, the GTX970 will hold its own for now. It will always be faster than the 1050Ti, with reducing Vram (Shadows/HBAO) in games it will last about as long if not longer. (Plus OC's like a beast usually)

The next best thing we come to terms with, is modern games are getting super common with allowing native resolutions set, with varying the resolution rendered (100%/90%/80%) to your choosing with a slider, so no more mucking around in many games with stretching resolutions or interpolating resolutions (blurred).
Chasing a Monitor,...Until next gen's Low-mid-range supersedes a GTX970 (by far) I would hold off a GPU for quite some time anyway (plus pricing).

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

• 2 weeks later...

i didnt know there was more than 1080 p whats next 1544 what is it and ill get a 27 inch monitor or maybe ill get a samsung smart tv my nephew has one

Hello Ive decided to purchase PG279Q but im nervous and its giving me chest pains should i buy it or not ive had it in my checkout cart for 12 hours and i cant decide i think im starting to feelsick im calling Helen

helen said my order is canceled can someone help me please