Hp pavillion 15

I plan to get a hp pavilion 15 with i7 7700hq  processor , gtx 1050 , 12gb ddr4 , 4gb gddr4 .

It sounds like a pretty decent gaming laptop for its price ( USD 942 ) but I don't see any major youtubers reviewing it so it makes me wonder is it a good gaming laptop ?

Screenshot_2018-02-28-16-21-13-119_com.miui.gallery.png

sounds solid enough for me.

make sure you can fit an SSD in there.

seriously HP, no SSD in sth. advertised as content-creating / media craving / game crushing... seems like the marketing compartment had a field day once more

I've had nothing but bad experiences with HP's Pavilion line of notebooks. Just remembering my old pavilions with Ati Radeon graphics gives me PTSD, expect an abysmal cooling capacity, premature battery failures, hinges falling apart and general failures everywhere you dare to lay your hands on.

if its anything like the ZBook mobile workstation i have, stay away. school bought them for everyone in my year, high failiure rate, shitty colors(like absolutely horrible calibration), keyboard isnt great and after haveing it for over a year and a half i still fudge up typing on it, build is all plastic and while its not horrible its really not good either

*edit*

this is super in the wrong section

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Bad exhaust design (due to hinge design) and high fan noise under load. Also Pavilion line QC concerns. Yes it has good battery life and fairly light but there are better options like the Dell 7567 mentioned above.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Up to 12GB of RAM... Why such an odd number?

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

@Crunchy Dragon do you have the time to move this to the appropriate section. It really doesnt fit in the news section. @Klipklapklop be more careful of where you post your next post. I believe it should be in the "planning and pre-builts" section. Not intirely shure

2 hours ago, Generallee said:

I've had nothing but bad experiences with HP's Pavilion line of notebooks. Just remembering my old pavilions with Ati Radeon graphics gives me PTSD, expect an abysmal cooling capacity, premature battery failures, hinges falling apart and general failures everywhere you dare to lay your hands on.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

DO NOT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BUY HP PAVILLIONS. 

If you're dropping that Kind of money buy the Dell inspiron with the 1050ti. Same price, many reviews, sleek look, all around much much better laptop.

- snip-

6 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

@Crunchy Dragon do you have the time to move this to the appropriate section. It really doesnt fit in the news section. @Klipklapklop be more careful of where you post your next post. I believe it should be in the "planning and pre-builts" section. Not intirely shure

Actually, this belongs in Laptops and Pre-builts, not New Builds and Planning.

Also, please use  the report function instead of tagging staff :)

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

A lot of HP laptops are being recalled right now. This includes the Pavilions. Make sure your model is not included. I'd be careful anyway.