Windows 8.1 and Sony Vaio

So I got my old laptop running again and freshly installed a windows 8.1 os in it. The problem now is I don't have the drivers that it came with when I first bought it. And Sony isnt much of a help. (Sony Asia specifically) My model number is SVE15136CAB (or SVE151G13W). I have come articles that it says it needs Vaio Care and install drivers from there. But I cant find even the software itself in the Asia Pacific server. Help please. Open for any suggestions. 

1 hour ago, renasance said:

So I got my old laptop running again and freshly installed a windows 8.1 os in it. The problem now is I don't have the drivers that it came with when I first bought it. And Sony isnt much of a help. (Sony Asia specifically) My model number is SVE15136CAB (or SVE151G13W). I have come articles that it says it needs Vaio Care and install drivers from there. But I cant find even the software itself in the Asia Pacific server. Help please. Open for any suggestions. 

Took me about 30 seconds to find the drivers:

https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/support/laptop-pc-sve-series/sve15126cab?downloads-num=35#downloads

If it's missing a Windows 8 specific driver for anything, try the Windows 7 driver first.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Took me about 30 seconds to find the drivers:

https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/support/laptop-pc-sve-series/sve15126cab?downloads-num=35#downloads

If it's missing a Windows 8 specific driver for anything, try the Windows 7 driver first.

Yes. Already tried this one. But all the ones in the list are just updates. Not the drivers/software itself. 

5 hours ago, renasance said:

Yes. Already tried this one. But all the ones in the list are just updates. Not the drivers/software itself. 

Have you actually tried them? Generally speaking a driver update is just a new install with the newer version. 

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Have you actually tried them? Generally speaking a driver update is just a new install with the newer version. 

Yes! I tried some updates. It didnt work because it says I dont have the software to update. But I tried the Vaio Care software update. It worked! Now Im not sure what to click and not to click. Gotta try them all I guess? 

9 hours ago, renasance said:

Yes! I tried some updates. It didnt work because it says I dont have the software to update. But I tried the Vaio Care software update. It worked! Now Im not sure what to click and not to click. Gotta try them all I guess? 

To help narrow down your options, you can go into the device manager and open the properties of any missing drivers. Find the Hardware ID (4 digit code). 

Go to www.pcidatabase.com and search the hardware ID. It won’t always give you exact results, but it should identify the type of hardware (eg: sound driver), manufacturer, and the family/series. 

Once you know this, it’ll be easier to decide which updates you need. Also, make sure to pick the latest version available.