Sorting through the 144hz 1440p TN monitors

Shaqo_Wyn

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a 1440p 144hz+ TN-panel to pair with a non-reference GTX 1080 and would love to hear from you which one you think is best, perhaps from your own experience if you own one?

Haven't really been keeping up with the monitors coming out so I'm not sure where everything stands.

I know TN is not as good as IPS for color accuracy and reproduction. Doesn't matter in this case, because I'm after the higher refresh rate and the IPS 144hz 1440p monitors are out of my price range.

From some research, I'm looking at the following short list right now. There are clear price difference so, I'm wondering if it is worth spending significantly more for the Dell or PG278QR when they claim to do the same as the others.

Not sure if having G-sync actually matters, would love to go for a sub-500 euro monitor if they're any good.

Zowie XL2730 - 459 euros

Asus MG278Q - 489 euros

Acer Predator XB271HUAbmiprz - 579 euros

Asus ROG Swift - PG278QR - 649 euros

Dell S2716DG - 643 euros (overpriced over here, cuz I think they're sold for sub $500 in the states).

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

personally if refresh rate is what youre after id get the 

AOC Agon AG251FG

i kow its smaller and only FHD but 240hz with g-sync and 400 cd/m²

or the 

AOC Agon AG271QG

because if youre already spending 500 bucks on a monitor you may aswell spend 600. it got 1440p IPS 165Hz at 350cd/m²

but i looked at german pricing obviously those might not be such good options for the netherlands

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

48 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

personally if refresh rate is what youre after id get the 

AOC Agon AG251FG

i kow its smaller and only FHD but 240hz with g-sync and 400 cd/m²

or the 

AOC Agon AG271QG

because if youre already spending 500 bucks on a monitor you may aswell spend 600. it got 1440p IPS 165Hz at 350cd/m²

but i looked at german pricing obviously those might not be such good options for the netherlands

Thanks for your suggestions! However, 1080p 240Hz is not necessary for my purposes. 

The AOC Agon AG271QG is 750 euros here... :S but I'd love to hear why you think it's better than the other (cheaper) monitors on the list.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.