Oxide Games AMD Mantle Presentation and Demo

TheRuke

sorry didn't know.

That's okay. My rule is if news/videos/media is more than 3 days old I check LTT to see if anyone else has posted about it. In this case, It's been 9 days.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Maybe it was on another forum, but I'm pretty sure I posted that video here too. Not going to go through my post history to find it though.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

That reminds me...

It's December 26th. Where is Mantle? :|

So it's you that forces DICE to release unfinished content...

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

That reminds me...

It's December 26th. Where is Mantle? :|

There are still 5 more days for DICE to release it for BF4 :P haha

Not likely to show up as their game doesn't even work properly

GW2: Vettexl.9726

So it's you that forces DICE to release unfinished content...

I'm talking about AMD in general. Not specifically DICE or BF4.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

AMD released a video explaining what mantle is able to do, and to me this looks pretty impressive here is the video.

Dat typo on the first slide.... 

"Mantle Unleasehed"

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Mantle will be great if done right but i want it to run on nvidia cards also or I will be very disappointed. Not that im a nvidia fanboy or anything but you can't make a game with mantle and it just wont run on half of the graphics cards out there.

Mantle will be great if done right but i want it to run on nvidia cards also or I will be very disappointed. Not that im a nvidia fanboy or anything but you can't make a game with mantle and it just wont run on half of the graphics cards out there.

and I would like to see G-sync run on AMD hardware.

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

and I would like to see G-sync run on AMD hardware.

true i know they are competitors but we cant have hardware specific features.

weird they fused our topics.

So..
If more cores means much better performance in games with mantle.. Why would you ever need to buy a new processor for gaming? I feel like GPUs are going to go up in cost if game devs can utilize this to make better games.

I now see why APUs would make sense from AMD. Oh wow..

So..

If more cores means much better performance in games with mantle.. Why would you ever need to buy a new processor for gaming? I feel like GPUs are going to go up in cost if game devs can utilize this to make better games.

I now see why APUs would make sense from AMD. Oh wow..

and APU's will work in tandem with the GPU under mantle to use both.... = more powa

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

That guy at the beginning says too much "Uhh"... Hella annoying... Y u no good at presentation...

he's a dev not a speaker

he's a dev not a speaker

According to you, sound coming from a person's mouth isn't speaking... Jk, I know what you mean but that guy though, too much Uhh lol