Soundcard or DAC/Amp for Sennheiser Game Zero?

I recently purchased a  Sennheiser Game Zero headset, and while its really great, i have noticed some static when listening to music through spotify, and a more specific problem I noticed was that during the first opening notes(0:40) of Battery by Metallica, some of the notes completely static out. Havent experienced this with other songs yet, so not sure if its an isolated issue or not. But due to the static, and some reviews stating that the headset would noticeably benefit from a DAC/Amp combo, ive been considering purchasing one, or a separate sound card. Ive looked into:

• Creative SoundBlaster AE-5
  • Schiit Magni/Modi stack
  • Sennheiser GSX 1000

These are the only ones ive actually put a good deal of research into, but im open to suggestions. My budget is $300usd, but its workable based on the merits of your suggestion. So any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Usage is primarily gaming, but I frequently listen to music on spotify, and watch movies and tv as well.

i wouldn't recommend a sound card if your trying to get rid of static. I hear the schiit Magni/Modi stack is well regarded.

Im not sure what this signature thing is but it could use some RG

5 minutes ago, Orochimario said:

i wouldn't recommend a sound card if your trying to get rid of static. I hear the schiit Magni/Modi stack is well regarded.

Thats what ive heard, but I got a message on reddit warning against any schiit products. Not sure if he is just a really disgruntled customer, or its a regular issue for people

1 minute ago, gold0955 said:

Thats what ive heard, but I got a message on reddit warning against any schiit products. Not sure if he is just a really disgruntled customer, or its a regular issue for people

That's the first time I've ever heard of a complaint against them. I wouldn't take one message on Reddit as proof that the product is good or bad.

Read reviews, make up your own mind based on the facts as you see it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

That's the first time I've ever heard of a complaint against them. I wouldn't take one message on Reddit as proof that the product is good or bad.

Read reviews, make up your own mind based on the facts as you see it.

Thats what I plan to do, but opinions from more knowledgeable folks are always appreciated.

7 minutes ago, gold0955 said:

You'll always find a guy that has a bad experience with a company or one product, then goes around saying all their products are crap. 

I know many people, myself included, that use Schiit audio products and have never had any issues with them. 

I've been running a Schiit Modi + Magni 2 stack for over 2 years now and it's still going strong, despite being on 24/7. 

Total headphone novice, but getting an external DAC/Amp was my solution for static. I've only owned my Schiit for a few weeks, but I was impressed with build quality. I had some pre-sales questions and they answered them quickly and accurately.

Also own a Schiit Stack. No complaints. However it does not matter what product you are reading reviews on, you'll normally find most people review when they are angry, and not when they are satisfied.

Has anyone had the GSX 1000 or GSX1200? From what im seeing, they arent bad products either.

On 20/02/2018 at 1:44 PM, Legendarypoet said:

Total headphone novice, but getting an external DAC/Amp was my solution for static. I've only owned my Schiit for a few weeks, but I was impressed with build quality. I had some pre-sales questions and they answered them quickly and accurately.

I was lucky, pre-Schiit stack.  My HP Deskpro 6000 had a very quiet motherboard DAC/amp. 

Here's a 2016 troubleshooting article I like for dealing with interference... my 2 cents...

https://linustechtips.com/main/blogs/entry/1075-audio-interference-troubleshooting-guide/

1 hour ago, PrometheanCat2 said:

I was lucky, pre-Schiit stack.  My HP Deskpro 6000 had a very quiet motherboard DAC/amp. 

Here's a 2016 troubleshooting article I like for dealing with interference... my 2 cents...

https://linustechtips.com/main/blogs/entry/1075-audio-interference-troubleshooting-guide/

So I do have the issue of my pc not recognizing my headset as headphones, but none of the trouble shooting works. And I get a message that says that my impedance is 110ohms or more (which it shouldnt be).