Getting a Black Screen on New Ryzen 1700X Build.

Hilux22RE
On 2/19/2018 at 5:23 PM, Hilux22RE said:

Small Update, 

Tried a different PSU: Same

Resetting CMOS: Same

Different Ram: Same

Just going to wait to hear back from ASUS or AMD to see if there is a Fix or Patch available...

Hello, just checking. Have you had any response from ASUS or AMD? 

I have contacted the ASUS support and they told me to send them the MB, that it might be a faulty peace, but it was already replaced via RMA.

What are the chances of getting two faulty motherboards in a row?

On 2/23/2018 at 12:59 AM, ToothlessFury said:

Hello, just checking. Have you had any response from ASUS or AMD? 

I have contacted the ASUS support and they told me to send them the MB, that it might be a faulty peace, but it was already replaced via RMA.

What are the chances of getting two faulty motherboards in a row?

Okay.. Large Update. After contacting ASUS on the issues i am having they told me that my problem was the Corsair Vengeance RGB Ram i was using on my system. Replaced the ram with "Compatible" G-Skill RGB Ram to keep the customization options, but I Still have the same issue... Was also told it could be the Motherboard but i am doubtful of that... My next step is to contact AMD and see if they can possibly point me in the right direction...

I have figured out the issue with my computer and fixed it. It turned  to be software that conflicted with each other. On my pc it was a conflict between Corsair Link and CAM. I backed up my save data on safe mode and used system restore to a prior date when my PC worked properly. You’re PC automatically creates restore points so don’t worry if you haven’t manually made one.

Experiencing this exact issue myself.

My post here: 

22 hours ago, NotSoComputerComputerGuy said:

I have figured out the issue with my computer and fixed it. It turned  to be software that conflicted with each other. On my pc it was a conflict between Corsair Link and CAM. I backed up my save data on safe mode and used system restore to a prior date when my PC worked properly. You’re PC automatically creates restore points so don’t worry if you haven’t manually made one.

Im experiencing this exact issue and am not running any monitoring software myself.

Potential fix here? Haven't tried as my computer is currently apart as I figured I mind as well use the new parts that I ordered.

Thank you for the information! I Will look into possible Driver Issues. 

Still no reply yet from AMD on the Issue... 

Hope to hear back soon. if anyone has any other tips they are Welcome!  

Hello

checkout my thread. I have probably found a fix for my black screen problem, maybe it will work for you too:

Update! FOUND THE PROBLEM!!

After speaking with AMD on the issues i have been having the Representative was such an Amazing help! Updated All the Drivers One By One Following These Instructions.

1. Start menu > right-click on My Computer > choose Properties.
  2. Click on the Hardware Tab > Device Manager button.
  3. In the Device Manager, open the category that says: IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. You will see your chipset brand there. It could say Intel, VIA, NVidea, SiS, ALI, etc. This is the chipset brand that you have. It may also be possible to find out which model chipset you have.
  4. In the Device Manager, open the category System devices.
  5. In that category, find the driver listing for the chipset for System and Graphics Controller, or Processor to AGP Controller

Then Updated the Chipset to the Latest Version. And Under Power Management Changed it from Power Saving Mode to "AMD Ryzen Balanced".

Used those settings and had the same Issue while on phone with AMD. So was Advised to use "High Performance" Mode and to wait for a Chipset Update from AMD for Ryzen 7 Chipsets. 

Since Using the new settings have not experienced Back Screens or any other Issues with my system! Was also told on the phone with AMD that "Power Saving Mode" Actually TURNS OFF SOME CORES!! So out new Ryzen 7 Processors are not running at 100% !!!

Anyone with this problem try these settings out!! And i hope they work for you too!!!

Thank you to Everyone for your input and assistance!! You guys are amazing!!

Power Settings.jpg