SUPERCHARGE Your Super Nintendo!

Here's a modern-retro fusion product for people with giant retro game collections! But can it be used for MORE than JUST the originals...?

Buy an SD2SNES:
On the Everdrive Store: http://geni.us/uTvOip6
On Retro Modding: http://geni.us/hz5Ge

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

I like the content but the spambots that come flooding into the video comments I do not like. I know you guys can't do much about it though, that's a YouTube problem in general =/

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

There's a spambot in the YouTube chat who goes by the name Linus tech tips official

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 minute ago, Shreyas1 said:

There's a spambot in the YouTube chat who goes by the name Linus tech tips official

There are actually about half a dozen or more of them. Some have a period or two at the end of the name, some look the same but are actually different accounts with the same name. The bots and the people who make them spam like this need to be put in a locked room with something very annoying played on an endless loop for 100 years.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

There are actually about half a dozen or more of them. Some have a period or two at the end of the name, some look the same but are actually different accounts with the same name. The bots and the people who make them spam like this need to be put in a locked room with something very annoying played on an endless loop for 100 years.

The bots probably try to get you to go to a virus site or something. Why they would try that on a tech channel is beyond me.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Think I squashed the spambot. That one, at least... That was pretty intense.

Just now, Shreyas1 said:

The bots probably try to get you to go to a virus site or something. Why they would try that on a tech channel is beyond me.

They do it on anything that's popular, the more subs a channel has the more of a target it is. Even a few clicks on whatever link or product they are spamming by unsuspecting new viewers and whatnot is usually enough to make it worthwhile.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Is the controller lag from the SD2SNES or the wireless controllers? This is an interesting product even though its expensive. The biggest problem I have with emulation is input lag. Would be cool to use my snes and not have to worry about accidentally damaging my cartridges

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

10 minutes ago, weez said:

Is the controller lag from the SD2SNES or the wireless controllers? This is an interesting product even though its expensive. The biggest problem I have with emulation is input lag. Would be cool to use my snes and not have to worry about accidentally damaging my cartridges

The lag is actually the TV. Neither the SD2SNES nor the controllers introduce lag (IIRC Bluetooth is less than 1 frame).

13 minutes ago, weez said:

2 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

The lag is actually the TV. Neither the SD2SNES nor the controllers introduce lag (IIRC Bluetooth is less than 1 frame).

Shockingly, TV's with digital RGB panels don't have the best hardware for the fastest conversion of analog Y/C video. :P

They should add some sort of a comment cool down to prevent spambots

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

5 hours ago, GabenJr said:

Thank you

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

I would love to see more of this sort of content. Being primarily an offline cheapskate gamer, older consoles and emulators take up a large portion of my gaming time. I'd also like to see content regarding emulation on smartphones (Who needs Pokemon Go when you're playing the real thing). RPG games would probably be most usable on a touchscreen, though a bluetooth controller can be used for games that don't work well with touchscreen.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Would love to see you guys do a DIY retro handheld build like a Gameboy Zero, or something similar. 

I would like to see more of this content, but if Linus keeps dropping (yea yea he tripped, maybe he should try shoes over sandles) them they might not last the video :|

Lets get James to host these specific videos instead :) For the sake of The Preservation Of The Old Consoles Foundation TM.