Windows 7 takes years too boot

Julian5

I recently noticed that my pc takes over 5 minutes to boot on my toshiba 204gb ssd compared to the 20s it used to take, I honestly cannot remember what I did to my pc before I did this but is there any obvious reason why this may occur?

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

Did you tried repairing the windows or "CHANGING" it to windows 10 ?

I think upgrading to windows 10 is better choice, because your system is not that bad.

Did you clone the old HDD or do a clean install? I've had issues with cloned SSDs in the past.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Did you clone the old HDD or do a clean install? I've had issues with cloned SSDs in the past.

Nope its a frech install.

2 hours ago, emosun said:

system restore to a time when it was working

I dont have any time to restore it to

2 hours ago, TheMehranKhan said:

Did you tried repairing the windows or "CHANGING" it to windows 10 ?

I think upgrading to windows 10 is better choice, because your system is not that bad.

Nope, Windows 7 works fine and all my programs work on here. windows 7 all the way.

Thanks for trying to take me to the darks side though :D

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

run msconfig and disable startup applications you don't need another suggestion would be to defrag your HDD.

if you are running an ssd, dont defrag it, all you do is shorten the lifespan of it and get no performance gains.

ever have any bluescreens, random shutdowns, anything odd ?

how old is this windows install?

what was the last thing you remember doing before it started doing this.

11 hours ago, ElSeniorTaco said:

if you are running an ssd, dont defrag it, all you do is shorten the lifespan of it and get no performance gains.

ever have any bluescreens, random shutdowns, anything odd ?

how old is this windows install?

what was the last thing you remember doing before it started doing this.

everything works fine, the install is 10 months old. The disk is kind of full, I install a lot of programs for work so im unsure which one it was.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler