The endless search for the PH-GB1080TiGB_BK01

Go to solution Solved by SockLobster,

Last update to this, hope that others don't fall pray to the same issues I have had. 

In my case I have been fortunate enough to be able to return my Graphics card and will replace it with one that has a wider variety of GPU blocks available. (And deffo buy the one I want at the same time as the card). Thinking the AORUS GEFORCE GTX 1080TI due to its compatibility with RGB fusion to match my MB (Obviously more RGB = More FPS :/)

For any one that finds themselves in the same boat but have been less fortunate, there are few options that are not ideal. 

NZXT make an adapter for their Kracken GPU cooler that allows you to mount it on the GPU, I am led to believe that this will fit on the card.
EK (and other companies) make more generic blocks that will fit on the card but no full coverage for this particular card. 

In both instances please do you research before aiming for any of these "alternatives" 

These solutions do not account for heat that will come of the VRAM's etc on the card only the Chip itself. however there are solutions for that if you look deep enough.

Hopefully this is helpful to anyone that finds this, I would suggest the best solution "at this time" would be to sell this card and get one more suited to your build. 

Again thanks to all who read and advised. 

I have wanted to water cool my card for some time now, I think there has been another post on this but it is hiding in the forums, so i will be brief, searched high and low for the elusive PH-GB1080TiGB_BK01, this is a GPU block from Phanteks that would appear is the only decent block out there that fits my card. https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N108TGAMINGOC-BLACK-11GD#kf

If any one has seen this product in stock on a lonely site somewhere and wants to share I would be most grateful, more than open to other suggestions to other blocks. 

Note: I have also emailed Phanteks support but have yet to get a response, if i do get confirmation hopefully i can lay this quest to rest for all.  

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9B-35-709-060&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleBiz-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleBiz-PC-_-pla-_-DIY+Cooling-_-9B-35-709-060&gclid=CjwKCAiAqvXTBRBuEiwAE54dcL8f-hZbWlEHVM5cj8b-MMv2PQTzoiKRiefRqWlndomUxaaTzGCfOxoCHGkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

just type it into google and click on the shopping page. It does a pretty good job most of the time.

Also, thats a sexy waterblock. 100x better than gigabytes' 10 series shrouds

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

24 minutes ago, SockLobster said:

I have wanted to water cool my card for some time now, I think there has been another post on this but it is hiding in the forums, so i will be brief, searched high and low for the elusive PH-GB1080TiGB_BK01, this is a GPU block from Phanteks that would appear is the only decent block out there that fits my card. https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N108TGAMINGOC-BLACK-11GD#kf

If any one has seen this product in stock on a lonely site somewhere and wants to share I would be most grateful, more than open to other suggestions to other blocks. 

Note: I have also emailed Phanteks support but have yet to get a response, if i do get confirmation hopefully i can lay this quest to rest for all.  

https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-PH-GB1080TiAS_BK01-PH-GB1080TiGB_BK01-1080Ti-Lighting/dp/B071DVKV9J

@Ginger137
@Dreaper

Thanks both, still not sure if the Strix version of the block will fit my card, worried that the slight changes on the PCB for this card will mean that it will be slightly out of line for the VRAM etc. 

My version is the "GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G".

24 minutes ago, SockLobster said:

@Ginger137
@Dreaper

Thanks both, still not sure if the Strix version of the block will fit my card, worried that the slight changes on the PCB for this card will mean that it will be slightly out of line for the VRAM etc. 

My version is the "GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G".

You need to revise the model number in your post then. Although either that model works on both the strix and gigabyte, or they dont know how to market it. The title says strix but the head of the description says gigabyte

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

5 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

You need to revise the model number in your post then. Although either that model works on both the strix and gigabyte, or they dont know how to market it. The title says strix but the head of the description says gigabyte

Yeah has been getting me for a while the product codes are not the best seems to vary when a site is not 100% sure, the PH-GB1080Ti***AS**_BK01 in this code on your link is for Asus Strix where as the version on that i am looking for is PH-GB1080Ti***GB***_BK01 from what i gather this is for Gaming Black or perhaps just Gigabyte. https://www.phanteksusa.com/collections/liquid-cooling/products/phanteks-gtx-1080ti-gigabyte-g1-edition-rgb-gpu-block this states its the G1 version but this does fit my pcb. 

4 minutes ago, SockLobster said:

Yeah has been getting me for a while the product codes are not the best seems to vary when a site is not 100% sure, the PH-GB1080Ti***AS**_BK01 in this code on your link is for Asus Strix where as the version on that i am looking for is PH-GB1080Ti***GB***_BK01 from what i gather this is for Gaming Black or perhaps just Gigabyte. https://www.phanteksusa.com/collections/liquid-cooling/products/phanteks-gtx-1080ti-gigabyte-g1-edition-rgb-gpu-block this states its the G1 version but this does fit my pcb. 

Oops, you were right. missed that difference.

Anyway it looks like they only made a few of them, so besides a few ended listings and oos listings, you're not going to find one.

Check this thread out, same problem you have: 

Ah legend, that is the exact post that I was trying to find again. Will message the user to see if he ever got it resolved in the end. Will also post the end result from Phanteks/what ever i end up doing to lay this to rest. Thanks :D

Latest update for any that ask this question, Phanteks have confirmed that this part has been discontinued.

I will post my end solution .... when i think of one. Thanks to all for reading and helping. 

Last update to this, hope that others don't fall pray to the same issues I have had. 

In my case I have been fortunate enough to be able to return my Graphics card and will replace it with one that has a wider variety of GPU blocks available. (And deffo buy the one I want at the same time as the card). Thinking the AORUS GEFORCE GTX 1080TI due to its compatibility with RGB fusion to match my MB (Obviously more RGB = More FPS :/)

For any one that finds themselves in the same boat but have been less fortunate, there are few options that are not ideal. 

NZXT make an adapter for their Kracken GPU cooler that allows you to mount it on the GPU, I am led to believe that this will fit on the card.
EK (and other companies) make more generic blocks that will fit on the card but no full coverage for this particular card. 

In both instances please do you research before aiming for any of these "alternatives" 

These solutions do not account for heat that will come of the VRAM's etc on the card only the Chip itself. however there are solutions for that if you look deep enough.

Hopefully this is helpful to anyone that finds this, I would suggest the best solution "at this time" would be to sell this card and get one more suited to your build. 

Again thanks to all who read and advised.