Patch management help

I have a school project that I am having some difficulty with. I have to come up with a patch management solution for a company with 500 computers with a mixture of Windows, Apple, and Linux workstations. What I am having difficulty figuring out is where should I put this patch manager? A windows server? A Linux server? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, Deadlife129 said:

I have a school project that I am having some difficulty with. I have to come up with a patch management solution for a company with 500 computers with a mixture of Windows, Apple, and Linux workstations. What I am having difficulty figuring out is where should I put this patch manager? A windows server? A Linux server? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hard to say. Im not an expert. But I did take a Windows Server course once upon a time. From my understanding of how Windows updates work in a Enterprise environment. Is that you can create your own update server so to speak, once you have tested that the Windows updates work fine with your hardware and software you tell the server to push them down to the clients. Dont think this will handle patches for all the OS's however. Not sure how this is handled on Mac OS or Linux. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

You probably want to use SCCM
It should also support mac OS and Linux. here you can find more about it: