ISP cheating me or router bringing me down?

Austin Powers
Go to solution Solved by needmorewood,

Fixed

thats not what he means by UP TO

it means u can get a max of those settings not that you are entitled to them. shuoldve done ur research :P

I recently upgrade my subscription from "5Mbit down and up" to "20 down and up". The host/ISP is just across my house not far away. Now I wonder, 0ms at midnight. I thought 0ms suppose to be closer to 20 up and down, but ended up getting this result. Is ISP cheating on me or the router given by them originally is capping my speed?

post-3058-0-52406000-1387205483.png

Dat impossible 0ms ping.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Dat impossible 0ms ping.

Host and ISP is few meters away from my house. My speed really can't move beyond and it is locked but still ranging 19.03 to 19.05 when the speed test is running same goes to upload speed.

My ISP says 100/10 but I get 85/10 on a good day. Rarely see my 100 simply because where I live, that's rare. 

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Fixed

thats not what he means by UP TO

it means u can get a max of those settings not that you are entitled to them. shuoldve done ur research :P

why complain i would give sell a family member for that speed

3122929247.png

Gaming rig: CPU: I5-2500K GPU: EVGA 660TI 3GB SC+ RAM: Corsair 8GB Vengence 1600MHz SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo Keyboard: Razer Black Widow ultimate Mouse: Logitech MX Master Monitor: 2x Acer 21.5 inch

Laptop Dell 7559: CPU: i7-6700HQ GPU: GTX 960M 4GB RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

why complain i would give sell a family member for that speed

3122929247.png

Nah I shouldn't complain here, I just wanted to know if it's the isp or the router bringing the speed down.

almost everyone would kill for that, i am paying for 24down 5 up and am getting 6 down and 0.2 up.

that's pretty good speeds man, don't complain

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

3168986624.png

I wish i could go to Virgin Media's 100Mbs Down and 50 up

PC Editing / Gaming Rig Specs : i7-3930k @ 4ghz w/ Hyper 212 Evo | 840 Evo 250gb and Seagate 1TB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Zotac GTX 780 | Corsair Vengeance C70 Green | OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Win10 #KilledMyWife #MakeBombs

Host and ISP is few meters away from my house. My speed really can't move beyond and it is locked but still ranging 19.03 to 19.05 when the speed test is running same goes to upload speed.

Nah I just said that cause pinging your router would be 1ms.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”