all in one over clocking (custom cooling)

Belbo

I wanted to share this somewhat cool project I made. Basically this all in one computer I had was thermal throttling. (I didn’t actually use this but I wanted to do this anyway) Basically in short I mounted some old somewhat large heatsink on top of the existing cooling. For overclocking the gpu the only thing I am worrying about is the laughably bad 150 watt power supply blowing up on me. I overclocked in and when I was testing it with pubg after I overclocked it started having freezes. (Although after I removed the overclock I was still having the problem) Do you guys think it would be safe to overclock the gpu. I couldn’t stop laughing about how getto this thing was. And the fire extinguisher was necessary. I thought you guys would appreciate how unbelievably ghetto this thing was.

Sorry for the bad image quality

DA853B39-863F-41B6-BBF2-A050BE5045E6.jpeg

62949EE7-5A02-4DA6-9DEC-11221A71C4BA.jpeg

607ACC40-5D8D-49C9-9233-1009A211EB10.jpeg

4CC65275-D0A3-4C0B-9E1F-AC3E310F7AE3.jpeg

Most GPUs use 150W alone. What GPU?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

8 minutes ago, JDE said:

Most GPUs use 150W alone. What GPU?

Gpu: 1gb amd Radeon r5 m200 Series

Cpu: Core i5 4590s

it probably being a mobile processor used less watts. It’s running at around 1ghz.

Just now, Belbo said:

Gpu: 1gb amd Radeon r5 m200 Series

Cpu: Core i5 4590s

You can't overclock mobile chips, and it wouldn't make a difference with a R5

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

8 minutes ago, JDE said:

You can't overclock mobile chips, and it wouldn't make a difference with a R5

It might have just been me but it seemed to make a difference when I turned the power limit and ghz up.

6 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Never understood the stupidity of an all in one pc.

Better to build a itx thin tower and place a suitable screen on it.

I got it for free. That is a major benifit.

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Never understood the stupidity of an all in one pc.

Better to build a itx thin tower and place a suitable screen on it.

Like this beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HdgYPs

its good for places that need a lot of computers in one space, like a school, my school used AIO computers but they were 4th gen i7s i believe so they were good for what they needed to do.

1 minute ago, LTTfanfromSweden said:

its good for places that need a lot of computers in one space, like a school, my school used AIO computers but they were 4th gen i7s i believe so they were good for what they needed to do.

I still dont see no benefit, could build a slim itx unit with 100X upgradability then set in stone AIO pcs

2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I still dont see no benefit, could build a slim itx unit with 100X upgradability then set in stone AIO pcs

What if you are buying 40 for a workplace or school it would be completely impractical to build that many. And some people want the convience of not having to build it. 

why would a school need to upgrade unless the computer breaks, I dont think microsoft word and google chrome require the latest hardware. schools save money buy not upgrading computers every 2 years that still work perfectly fine. now the teachers have good computers that have boxes but the student ones would just be a waste.

5 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

you can even OC a Intel HD graphic.

True I was thinking of going that route because I can’t get some applications to use the dedicated gpu.

2 minutes ago, Belbo said:

What if you are buying 40 for a workplace or school it would be completely impractical to build that many. And some people want the convience of not having to build it. 

True, Im sure there are prebuilt units for itx. Any computer store would do it for a nominal fee. I dunno just seems impractical to me, even with 100 pcs

1 minute ago, LTTfanfromSweden said:

why would a school need to upgrade unless the computer breaks, I dont think microsoft word and google chrome require the latest hardware. schools save money buy not upgrading computers every 2 years that still work perfectly fine. now the teachers have good computers that have boxes but the student ones would just be a waste.

Yea and you can’t expect teachers to know how to upgrade or fix computers so those benefits are mitigated for them.

4 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

True, Im sure there are prebuilt units for itx. Any computer store would do it for a nominal fee. I dunno just seems impractical to me, even with 100 pcs

you dont know business then. 

3 minutes ago, Belbo said:

Yea and you can’t expect teachers to know how to upgrade or fix computers so those benefits are mitigated for them.

schools have IT staff who do all the computer work lol 

Just now, LTTfanfromSweden said:

you dont know business then. 

lots of places use regular pc's

colleges with 1000 pcs mine did

businesses want and need and require upgradability

AIO pcs are junk!

AIO pcs are junk!

What schools or companies are buying all in ones

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

4 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

AIO pcs are junk!

you think every school is rich? there are some that are so bad the kids dont even have books only the teachers do becase they cant afford them for eveyone, and you have to copy what the teacher puts on the screen for your homework becase there is no book you get that has it written alredy, and they cant afford the cost of printer ink to print tons hundreds of copies a day. 

not evey school is your white middle upper class schools. 

i've seen schools that dont even have enough computers for all the staff 

12 minutes ago, LTTfanfromSweden said:

not evey school is your white middle upper class schools. 

i've seen schools that dont even have enough computers for all the staff 

Where is this?  I went to a lower class school with like 2/3 black, Arab and Hispanic kids and there were books for everyone.  By the time grade 12 rolled around half of the school had dropped out but they did have books and computers.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Where is this?  I went to a lower class school with like 2/3 black, Arab and Hispanic kids and there were books for everyone.  By the time grade 12 rolled around half of the school had dropped out but they did have books and computers.

I grew up in a town of like 750-1000, so the school was small and not everyone went but out of the ones who did it was still packed, it was still like your normal school just much smaller and we didnt have much of anything for anyone. we had groups in reading class becase we didnt have enough books for everyone across very grade and that was like a group of 5 getting 1 book. (the school only went to 6th grade) and the education we got was poor as a lot was outdated, when we switched to the school in the closest town in grade 7 (a 35 minute drive) we were very behind and most didnt go becase the poorest couldn't bring them. by now the town has grown and its better and part of a real school district now so that helps. I assume there are other towns like that. in remote areas like I grew up. 

6 minutes ago, LTTfanfromSweden said:

-snip-

What's with the rant about middle class white schools?  Sounds like the issue in your case is a severe density problem, unrelated to race.

A white guy in the Australian outback will have the same problems.

Also, how in tf are there rural isolated towns in Sweden?  Your country is so tiny!

32 minutes ago, Damascus said:

What's with the rant about middle class white schools?  Sounds like the issue in your case is a severe density problem, unrelated to race.

Also, how in tf are there rural isolated towns in Sweden?  Your country is so tiny!

It’s not really that tiny... the top of it is very north and I’m assuming therefore very cold. simply looking at a map will not allow you to determine how many rural areas a country has... 

2 hours ago, Damascus said:

Read my location and maybe you’ll understand. I did t rant about middle class white schools, maybe you learn to read again. I said not all schools are like white middle to upper class schools. The schools for middle to upper class whites back when there was segregation they had way better schools and that’s what I was referring to but maybe you are too young and haven’t learned about that in history class yet.

there are still schools that to this day are very very shitty. I mean if flit still has water they can’t drink and you don’t believe this then the government brainwashed you through the media.

and yeah Sweden having no rural land is like saying the earth has no oxyagen lol.

3 hours ago, Damascus said:

^And that's where being taught over the radio comes in (School of the Air).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

9 hours ago, LTTfanfromSweden said:

Read my location and maybe you’ll understand. I did t rant about middle class white schools, maybe you learn to read again. I said not all schools are like white middle to upper class schools. The schools for middle to upper class whites back when there was segregation they had way better schools and that’s what I was referring to but maybe you are too young and haven’t learned about that in history class yet.

My man, we do not live in the 1960's.  Using it as an example doesn't work because 

1. It's been 60 years
  2. Most countries have been over that shit for close to a century, the U.S. was embarrassingly late 
13 hours ago, LTTfanfromSweden said:

not evey school is your white middle upper class schools

/\ seems like a capstone on a rant

there are still schools that to this day are very very shitty. I mean if flit still has water they can’t drink and you don’t believe this then the government brainwashed you through the media.

I assume you mean Flint Michigan and yeah, the water there is horrendous quality and they shouldn't have to deal with such a betrayal.  I think you assume that I live in Murica and worship the news but no, I'm Canadian and think the media is trash in general.

and yeah Sweden having no rural land is like saying the earth has no oxyagen lol.

No it's not.  Let's talk proportions, OK?

Rounding of course.

Canada

Population 37,000,000

Size 9.985 million km²

Sweden

Population 10,000,000

447,435 km²

Canada is 22 times larger with 3.7× the population.  If Canadians can figure out how to teach everyone in the country, so could Sweden or ANY other country, often far easier.