24pin psu sleeve

MathiasVO

Soo, im currently sleeving my cables which went well with the cpu and pcie power cables, but then when I went to my 24pin cable. And I can't get the cables out of the plastic connector.

Does anyone know what im doing wrong??

(Btw, I'm using staples since I don't have the dedicated tool and no way to get one)

5zgLXVl.jpg

I found using a smaller screw driver to push in the pins works MUUUUUCH better than a staple ever would.

I used this as my template when I first started: https://www.tweaktown.com/guides/5175/case-smithing-getting-started-with-diy-cable-sleeving/index3.html

But use a super small screw driver, flat head, like from a glasses repair kit. put it through the front and just gently push in the pins.

4 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I found using a smaller screw driver to push in the pins works MUUUUUCH better than a staple ever would.

I used this as my template when I first started: https://www.tweaktown.com/guides/5175/case-smithing-getting-started-with-diy-cable-sleeving/index3.html

But use a super small screw driver, flat head, like from a glasses repair kit. put it through the front and just gently push in the pins.

This is the smallest screwdriver I have

I can't get it into the socket-thingy 

kIXm5mh.jpg

1 minute ago, MathiasVO said:

This is the smallest screwdriver I have

cannot tell if its a flathead or not, but you'd definitely need a flat head. I doubt that is small enough to fit inside between the connector and the plastic housing without crushing your connectors. Go to Walmart or some other store and get a cheap $2.00 glasses repair kit. Or, if you have a heavy duty sewing needle, that would work too, but harder on your fingers due to torque requirements. I have used a thumb tack before as well, although not the most perfect solution. A staple just isn't strong enough. Bends too easily, and then snaps.

3 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

cannot tell if its a flathead or not, but you'd definitely need a flat head. I doubt that is small enough to fit inside between the connector and the plastic housing without crushing your connectors. Go to Walmart or some other store and get a cheap $2.00 glasses repair kit. Or, if you have a heavy duty sewing needle, that would work too, but harder on your fingers due to torque requirements. I have used a thumb tack before as well, although not the most perfect solution. A staple just isn't strong enough. Bends too easily, and then snaps.

Yea, well.

The screwdriver is too big, but its the smallest they had in the store.

And I have no idea where to find such things that you suggested, here where I live. In Denmark...

Yea, well.

The screwdriver is too big, but its the smallest they had in the store.

And I have no idea where to find such things that you suggested, here where I live. In Denmark...

image.png.887f54100a515fb0fa5f11db852eed56.png

This is what you'd be looking for. Can be found in practically any pharmacy, super mart, gas station, etc... They are super inexpensive. Heck, I'm sure if you have a place that sells reading glasses (book store?) then they probably have one of these.

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

image.png.887f54100a515fb0fa5f11db852eed56.png

This is what you'd be looking for. Can be found in practically any pharmacy, super mart, gas station, etc... They are super inexpensive. Heck, I'm sure if you have a place that sells reading glasses (book store?) then they probably have one of these.

AHH, ok. Thanks ?

I'll try that

AHH, ok. Thanks ?

I'll try that

Let me know if you find one. This is what I used when I did my cables.

9o0NRbQ.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

9o0NRbQ.jpg

Ok, sure

I suggest using the following Tool: https://mod-one.com/original-molex-pinremover/

Amazon.com also sells them too.

The double wires can stretch the nylon into the next slot which makes the staple trick harder to do(Have fun sleeving that and try to get that into the connector).

If you have a 3D printer or a way to access one here is Blueprint for one: https://grabcad.com/library/atx-pin-removal-tool-3d-printable-1

You will also need 4 standard 26/6 staples (2x2 together)

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

On 2/4/2018 at 4:47 PM, Ryujin2003 said:

9o0NRbQ.jpg

It worked!

thx dude, i finally found a glasses repair kit(idk why i just couldnt find one) but at last, its done :)

6 hours ago, MathiasVO said:

It worked!

thx dude, i finally found a glasses repair kit(idk why i just couldnt find one) but at last, its done :)

Glad it worked for you! That's awesome! Good luck on your mod!