How to disable Nvidia Control Panel from launching on startup

The Elder Smurf

How do I disable the control panel from launching with windows, it doesn't provide an option in either task manager or the panel?

Go to msconfig, select services, disable all Nvidia related services (I believe the service named 'Nvidia display container LS' is the shortcut for Nvidia Control Panel when right click desktop)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 hours ago, The Elder Smurf said:

How do I disable the control panel from launching with windows, it doesn't provide an option in either task manager or the panel?

That's because you don't want to disable a driver that allows your GPU to work. If anything you could stop GeForce experience, but you want the control panel running so your GPU works.

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2018 at 5:33 AM, RAM555789 said:

That's because you don't want to disable a driver that allows your GPU to work. If anything you could stop GeForce experience, but you want the control panel running so your GPU works.

The GeForce Experience panel (which is what I'm assuming he's talking about here) is a piece of software that lets you configure performance related settings. It is not integral to video driver actually working in any way, and further doesn't need to be running to take advantage of those settings. He simply doesn't want it on startup. I have yet to find a way to disable it, so I'm always just closing it on startup.

you could download ccleaner and look up if it gives you the option of disabling the panel in the tools - > startup menu

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:43 AM, Minotaur10 said:

Is this on the latest Windows 10 update?

Is there an issue with the latest Windows update and the NVidia control panel?

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Not necessarily, I've found on a few systems now that whenever the system is started a few of the more common applications all open up at the same time without being on the startup list in task manager or in windows explorer. For me that would be Chrome and Excel every time.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, mrdrdiego said:

The GeForce Experience panel (which is what I'm assuming he's talking about here) is a piece of software that lets you configure performance related settings. It is not integral to video driver actually working in any way, and further doesn't need to be running to take advantage of those settings. He simply doesn't want it on startup. I have yet to find a way to disable it, so I'm always just closing it on startup.

No, if you read my comment, I said the GeForce experience is not needed. I'm talking about the Nvidia Control Panel you access through your PC's control panel. It controls the 3D settings on your PC, but it's not something that's constantly running in the background, it just tells your GPU what settings to use. You sometimes need to change your global settings, to enable your GPU to be used in programs such as Minecraft, since by default, it will use your CPU integrated graphics over your GPU.

• 2 years later...

here is what i did.it worked for me.

windows search for 'services'. find NVIDIA Display Container LS. right click on it. properties. and then choose start type. choose manual.