New setup running hot? 8700k/ Supremacy EVO

Just built a new setup mostly for myself. I got the EK extreme 360 water cooling kit with IC Diamond 8k thermal paste. (first water kit of my own) I made sure everything was proper before starting the pc, ie. no air, no kinks, and so on. Everything is working wonerfully except my 8700k cores will fluctuate between 43-65c at less than 10% load, stock clock or slight OC to 4.7ghz. under full load (85-99%) it gets past 90c very quick and will stay there.

All the fans are functional (6x 120mm, 1x blower fan for extra gpu cooling), the rad does have temp on top and is cool on the bottom, I even re-ran my tubing so it is almost as smooth of flow as possible, and yet my temps seem quite high. 

Are these temps too high? or am I being paranoid. My old setup was a dual 5650x Z600 setup that ran a max of 70c at ful load. So to see temps at 90c kinda freaks me out. 

is the pump running, and is the block making good contact with your cpu?

Just now, manikyath said:

is the pump running, and is the block making good contact with your cpu?

The pump is running, AI reports it as 4450 rpm. When i took off the cpu block to retry the thermal paste, it was spread very evenly, so I am assuming it has proper contact.

IMG_20180128_202451678.jpg

31 minutes ago, Tylerspyler said:

The pump is running, AI reports it as 4450 rpm. When i took off the cpu block to retry the thermal paste, it was spread very evenly, so I am assuming it has proper contact.

IMG_20180128_202451678.jpg

It's hard to tell from your picture, but it kind of looks like your loop flow is like this:

Pump -> Reservoir -> Radiator -> CPU -> Pump

That is, it kind of looks like the input of your pump is coming from the CPU block? I could be mistaken as that part of the photo isn't very clear.  If that is the case, you probably aren't getting much pressure in your loop as it will mostly dissipate being pushed into the reservoir. You should be pulling directly from the reservoir from the pump (top port of the pump) and pushing to the rest of the loop.  If that's how you have it configured, apologies since it's hard to tell.

Edit: Actually I guess it's still pulling water through the loop, but does that create as much flow as pushing?

57 minutes ago, bfairs said:

It's hard to tell from your picture, but it kind of looks like your loop flow is like this:

Pump -> Reservoir -> Radiator -> CPU -> Pump

That is, it kind of looks like the input of your pump is coming from the CPU block? I could be mistaken as that part of the photo isn't very clear.  If that is the case, you probably aren't getting much pressure in your loop as it will mostly dissipate being pushed into the reservoir. You should be pulling directly from the reservoir from the pump (top port of the pump) and pushing to the rest of the loop.  If that's how you have it configured, apologies since it's hard to tell.

Edit: Actually I guess it's still pulling water through the loop, but does that create as much flow as pushing?

its actually Reservoir-> pump-> CPU-> Radiator-> Reservoir. I read quite a bit before doing it myself, and it seemed best to have the reservoir before the pump for startups, and initial bleeding of the system. Everyone also said it was best t have the cpu block right after the pump for optimal flow like you stated, for better pressure and flow.

IMG_20180201_190859843.thumb.jpg.cd3245ef49691ad9e81eaccadd612467.jpg 

"When i took off the cpu block to retry the thermal paste, it was spread very evenly, so I am assuming it has proper contact." 

Just to be sure, you didn't use *too* much? (Paste is meant to make sure there is no isolating bubble anywhere. Direct metal contact is preferred).

34 minutes ago, daimonie said:

"When i took off the cpu block to retry the thermal paste, it was spread very evenly, so I am assuming it has proper contact." 

Just to be sure, you didn't use *too* much? (Paste is meant to make sure there is no isolating bubble anywhere. Direct metal contact is preferred).

There were no air gaps when i redid the paste, nor did i see any noticeable change in temps. I just used a pea sized amount on the center. All the cores are fairly equal in temps, so i don't think application is my issue. I am starting to think it may be the factory paste on the die itself, but I do not want to void my warranty at this point to find out.

Do you have your CPU delided? A delided 8700k can see a temp drop of 10-20 degrees C.  

Does your Rad feel warm to the touch, if not, may be an indicator that the flow isn't very good, (heat isn't making it into the fluid)  

You set up looks ok, personally I would have the pump below the reservoir, but if you're not getting cavitation, then you should be ok. 

You mentioned that you have a slight O/C?  What are the voltages you are running? 

How long do you run the system before it looks like the temp settles out?  

8 hours ago, Jsunn said:

Do you have your CPU delided? A delided 8700k can see a temp drop of 10-20 degrees C.  

Does your Rad feel warm to the touch, if not, may be an indicator that the flow isn't very good, (heat isn't making it into the fluid)  

You set up looks ok, personally I would have the pump below the reservoir, but if you're not getting cavitation, then you should be ok. 

You mentioned that you have a slight O/C?  What are the voltages you are running? 

How long do you run the system before it looks like the temp settles out?  

I have not had it delided only because I do not want to void the warranty if something goes wrong. (as much as I really want to) The rad is warm on the in side and cold on the out. My original plan was to have the pump out of sight, but I needed the space for my 4tb storage hdd. Where it is now is basicly the only location it can go. The system has not shut off for about 2 weeks straight except 1 time when AI reran my tubing to see if it would help any. I am new to overclocking (am well versed in electronics and have researched quite a bit) but if I made a mistake, I made a mistake.

Capture.JPG

Here are the temps I get with 15 minutes of FAH at full. (I have my gpu run this when I am not around)

5a751336c5ff8_Capture2.thumb.JPG.3c5f1c382997d2f04a787b8281d66804.JPG

Had a chance to mess with the cpu voltages and apparently it does not like voltage one bit... anything over 1.223 on the OC Voltage and I get a blue screen. its at 1.125 and at just shy of 5ghz and the most I have seen is 84c. (only had time to run smaller tests for now). Does this mean anything to anyone?