GameStop "Get up To" deals explained.

Alexander H

GameStop released a white PS4 Pro for $399. And I have the regular PS4. Thinking of upgrading. And on one their deals it says "Get up to $350 when you trade in PS4, XB1, and Switch." I have never understood those types of deals. Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks in advanced.

948x200_PS4_Pro_Trade.jpg

It just means that it's not guaranteed,such as when you have a xbox coated in cheeto dust or diyed there not giving you 350

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

It just means that it's not guaranteed,such as when you have a xbox coated in cheeto dust or diyed there not giving you 350

I have a Black Ops 3 Special Edition. No scratches and I can clean out the dust from the vents. The only thing is that it's loud just line any PS4. Can that get me $350?

5 minutes ago, Alexander H said:

up to $350

is the key phrase, which will never ever happen even with an unused still in box gaming machine

its advertising tricks to scam you

thank your government for allowing that to happen!

and that $250 you will get from your unused still in original box still in original shrink wrap, that 250 gotta go towards the new latest and greatest machine in store, if they have it in store.

maybe you could get more selling it on your own!

Just now, Alexander H said:

I have a Black Ops 3 Special Edition. No scratches and I can clean out the dust from the vents. The only thing is that it's loud just line any PS4. Can that get me $350?

Prob not,but it's worth a try.Unless it's a 2 hour drive or smh then just try

My life

5 minutes ago, Alexander H said:

GameStop released a white PS4 Pro for $399. And I have the regular PS4. Thinking of upgrading. And on one their deals it says "Get up to $350 when you trade in PS4, XB1, and Switch." I have never understood those types of deals. Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks in advanced.

If it's an open box, it's already lost up to $100 in value. You will probably get around $225-250 for it.

Just now, Firecheetah13 said:

If it's an open box, it's already lost up to $100 in value. You will probably get around $225-250 for it.

I mean if you plan to get a switch or something that's probaly a better idea than selling it

My life

Prob not,but it's worth a try.Unless it's a 2 hour drive or smh then just try

I just hate how my PS4 is damn loud. And since the GPU and DDR4 ram market it getting butt fucked by miners and ram shortages. The most I can do is get a PS3 since my PC is crap and the PS4 doesn't have backwards compatibility unless I get overpriced PS Now. And upgrade my PS4 for better performance and 

Just now, Firecheetah13 said:

So I have to trade in a new console? How the fuck does that work? 

I mean if you plan to get a switch or something that's probaly a better idea than selling it

Typo. ... better performance and less noise.

Just now, Alexander H said:

So I have to trade in a new console? How the fuck does that work? 

You will only get 350 if it's new inbox with no opened seals or cosmetic damage

Genrally 250 is still a little bit more then what you'd get from selling it so

My life

You will only get 350 if it's new inbox with no opened seals or cosmetic damage

Genrally 250 is still a little bit more then what you'd get from selling it so

Well, my birthday is March 5th, that is a $150 difference from retail price. And I rarely get something over $120 for one gift. So maybe if I chip in at least $40 - 60. I can maybe get it as a early birthday present.

Bring it in and ask them, worst thing that can happen is you walk home and plug it back in.

Also, while this won't buff your performance PC coolers can be used with a ps4 - an aio or decent air cooler would make it very quiet

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

27 minutes ago, Alexander H said:

Handing hardware over to game stop is like making a deal with the devil. You would likely be better off selling it yourself.  

32 minutes ago, Alexander H said:

i think you only get 350$ if you have the water cooled one. 

54 minutes ago, Alexander H said:

it depends on the store's and the company's current inventory and how many sell per month and such.
htye will almost never give you that. its just to catch your interest.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

53 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

I know you are joking, but sadly, you'll get nothing. They'll refused as the system was opened. So no resale value in their eyes, even if it is genuinely better. They can no longer guaranty to teh consumer that will buy the system that he will have a "problem free" experience.

51 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

HA