How to highlight outliers??

Hello people of the internet!

I am working on manipulating some data using google sheets and need a way to systematically highlight the outliers in another colour.  I have figured out that this would most likely be done through advanced formatting, but I have no clue on the syntax of how I would do this, and the statistics involved.  I think it would be best to highlight data outside of one standard deviation, but I am also not sure if this is the best method to go about finding the outliers...  Any help that you could offer as regarding google sheets or the statistics involved in finding outliers would be MUCH appreciated.

image.png.ebb46c1520a8ab2ad4b91822be73ee64.png

Sample of the data I am working with.

Core i5-6600k OCed to 4.7GHz@1.325V | Hyper 212 Evo | ASUS GTX 1070 Strix ASUS z170-AR MOBO | 16GB DDR4@2400MHz | 500GB 850 EVO SSD | 1TB WD HDD | EVGA 650W G2 PSU | HyperX Cloud II Headset | Corsair K65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair STRAFE Brown Keyswitch Mechanical Keyboard |

Spoiler

Legend says, RGB makes your pc 15% faster.

You are going to need IF functions and conditional formatting. There are some basic ones like value is in between or doesn't fit in certain range. Or greater and less than. If you need more variation to be considered, nested IF functions come into play. Like when you need to know something that is in some range but still not in some other range.

I can't give any clearer examples without knowing more. But Sheets works much like Excel and there's ton of guides on Excel (and other sheets calc software) functions. Easiest method would be to just google with what you are trying to get and check if any function or tutorial includes what you want.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

30 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You are going to need IF functions and conditional formatting. There are some basic ones like value is in between or doesn't fit in certain range. Or greater and less than. If you need more variation to be considered, nested IF functions come into play. Like when you need to know something that is in some range but still not in some other range.

I can't give any clearer examples without knowing more. But Sheets works much like Excel and there's ton of guides on Excel (and other sheets calc software) functions. Easiest method would be to just google with what you are trying to get and check if any function or tutorial includes what you want.

Thank you very much for the reply... what more information would you require? Also I used google to try and figure things out... i will try again though thanks! 

Core i5-6600k OCed to 4.7GHz@1.325V | Hyper 212 Evo | ASUS GTX 1070 Strix ASUS z170-AR MOBO | 16GB DDR4@2400MHz | 500GB 850 EVO SSD | 1TB WD HDD | EVGA 650W G2 PSU | HyperX Cloud II Headset | Corsair K65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair STRAFE Brown Keyswitch Mechanical Keyboard |

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, Macboi said:

Thank you very much for the reply... what more information would you require? Also I used google to try and figure things out... i will try again though thanks! 

I understand that you are trying to highlight values that are somehow important/different from other data. I have some understand of statistics. So, are you looking for values that are some percentage over or under mean? Or something like that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I understand that you are trying to highlight values that are somehow important/different from other data. I have some understand of statistics. So, are you looking for values that are some percentage over or under mean? Or something like that.

I would like to highlight values outside of 1 standard deviation or 2 standard deviations depending on which appears to be most applicable to the data (trial and error will determine this one), I just do not know the way to do this... (I hope that helps)

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Macboi said:

I would like to highlight values outside of 1 standard deviation or 2 standard deviations depending on which appears to be most applicable to the data (trial and error will determine this one), I just do not know the way to do this... (I hope that helps)

I tried with some example data. But the way Googles functions in this matter works is bit odd. This was some guide https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20545961/google-spreadsheet-conditional-formatting-based-on-another-cell-value

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv