msi gts 250 not working

Zeta_Demon

I have a msi gts 250 that i got from a friend and im trying to figure out if it work, i plugged it in and tried to use it as my display output but it wouldnt show anything on my monitor, when i used my inbuilt graphics on my cpu it said there was an unknown display device in device manager

Main PC (The Silencer): CPU - i5 8400 | Cooler - Noctua ND-D15 | Motherboard - Asus tuf Z370 Plus Gaming | Memory - Team Dark 16GB DDR4 2400MHz | Graphics card - Nvidia 750 ti | Storage - Crucial MX500 500GB, WD Blue 2TB | Case - Fractal Design Define R6 | PSU - Evga Supernova 650W 80+ Platinum

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

rest of your specs? what version of Windows do you have?

right, intel i5 8400, asus tuf z370 plus, gtx 750ti, 16gb ddr4 2400 ram, windows 10

Main PC (The Silencer): CPU - i5 8400 | Cooler - Noctua ND-D15 | Motherboard - Asus tuf Z370 Plus Gaming | Memory - Team Dark 16GB DDR4 2400MHz | Graphics card - Nvidia 750 ti | Storage - Crucial MX500 500GB, WD Blue 2TB | Case - Fractal Design Define R6 | PSU - Evga Supernova 650W 80+ Platinum

25 minutes ago, Zeta_Demon said:

right, intel i5 8400, asus tuf z370 plus, gtx 750ti, 16gb ddr4 2400 ram, windows 10

okay... i did some digging, and the latest driver for it for Windows 10 is from december 2016... 

so i guess that's why it doesn't work out of the box.. you could try installing the driver, but then you are going to conflict, because your system already has 750ti drivers on it i assume.. 

what are you going to use the card for? if you are putting it in a different system, i would recommend testing on that so you won't end up with conflicting driver issues on your main system. 

She/Her

I would recommend by uninstalling the 750Ti drivers, removing the 750Ti, installing the GTS 250, and then seeing if it'll work as a display output. When I tested my GTS 250(also an MSI model from a friend haha), I went through that process and it worked just fine(however I was on Windows 7).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

11 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

okay... i did some digging, and the latest driver for it for Windows 10 is from december 2016... 

so i guess that's why it doesn't work out of the box.. you could try installing the driver, but then you are going to conflict, because your system already has 750ti drivers on it i assume.. 

what are you going to use the card for? if you are putting it in a different system, i would recommend testing on that so you won't end up with conflicting driver issues on your main system. 

i just want to know if it works so i can sell it, its worth like $100

12 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

9 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I would recommend by uninstalling the 750Ti drivers, removing the 750Ti, installing the GTS 250, and then seeing if it'll work as a display output. When I tested my GTS 250(also an MSI model from a friend haha), I went through that process and it worked just fine(however I was on Windows 7).

i havent installed any 750 ti drivers , all i have installed is geforce experience

Just now, Zeta_Demon said:

i havent installed any 750 ti drivers , all i have installed is geforce experience

Did you install any GeForce drivers through that?

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

im not sure

8 minutes ago, Zeta_Demon said:

i just want to know if it works so i can sell it, its worth like $100

no, it isn't. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xgts+250.TRS0&_nkw=gts+250&_sacat=0

7 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

i want to know this too. as far as i know geforce experience is a part of the drivers.. 

She/Her

im not sure

Open GeForce Experience and click on Drivers(should be in the upper right corner). In the screen it'll take you to, at the top it should say if you have drivers installed, and if they're up to date.

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

no, it isn't. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xgts+250.TRS0&_nkw=gts+250&_sacat=0

i want to know this too. as far as i know geforce experience is a part of the drivers.. 

Australian pricing

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

oh okay, makes sense. 

this isnt related to the rest of this but how do you have your computer specs under all your comments, im fairly new here

this isnt related to the rest of this but how do you have your computer specs under all your comments, im fairly new here

go to your account settings (drop down menu top right) and go to signature. you can type it in there. 

She/Her

16 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

go to your account settings (drop down menu top right) and go to signature. you can type it in there. 

sweet thanks