Dismantling the Steam box (Didnt see this posted)

geforceftw

Question is can it run minesweeper 

ku-xlarge.gif

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

That's hardly a teardown

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Only just released and they're killing one already, err OK

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

It's not like there are any 'Warranty Void if Removed' stickers like on then Xbox...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Interesting how was that GFX card connected to the mobo? cable? I know he said riser but I would have like to of got a better view on how that was achieved.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

Interesting how was that GFX card connected to the mobo? cable? I know he said riser but I would have like to of got a better view on how that was achieved.

It's basically a PCI-E extension piece that is raised and turned 90degrees.

It's basically a PCI-E extension piece that is raised and turned 90degrees.

That is really neat imagine looking into a case and seeing the full gfx card in all its glory fans facing you. That would me a neat mod to do I wonder if those PCI-E extensions are readily available. Off to google I search...

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

I don't think this guy fully understands the free hardware he just scored.

"there's a GeForce"

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

I don't think this guy fully understands the free hardware he just scored.

"there's a GeForce"

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That almost made me cry

Seems like a smaller (and presumably lighter) version of my former desktop IBM ThinkCentre S51. I wonder if the shell is the same material or cheap aluminium used in budget cases; interior looks to be plastic as stated in the video. I'm curious to know if the heat from maximum load could melt or deform the plastic interior or outer shell. I worry the heat from the GFX card in combination with the power supply and CPU may cause overheating problems, especially considering there doesn't seem to be a fan in there... Might be better off getting a machine from a 3rd party than Valve themselves.

how did they kill it?

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Seems like a smaller (and presumably lighter) version of my former desktop IBM ThinkCentre S51. I wonder if the shell is the same material or cheap aluminium used in budget cases; interior looks to be plastic as stated in the video. I'm curious to know if the heat from maximum load could melt or deform the plastic interior or outer shell. I worry the heat from the GFX card in combination with the power supply and CPU may cause overheating problems, especially considering there doesn't seem to be a fan in there... Might be better off getting a machine from a 3rd party than Valve themselves.

I wouldn't worry too much.

The graphics card will exhaust a large amount of the heat outside the case.

And most likely the reason for the lack of fans is because they don't want to interfere with the hot air rising,because as it is now most of the hot air from the cpu and power supply should rise out of the case through the vents in the side (top) panel

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

how did they kill it?

can't load the video up because my internet is awesome, no wait it is shit but anyway the teardown videos I've seen in the past look like they've destroyed the device.

What have they done with that?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Lucky american's........

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

he sounds so NOT EXCITED about his new "free" hardcore video card. What is it a GTX780 maybe?

which makes me think maybe he is a wealthy person, so it seems irrelevant for him, which makes me think again

why didnt a less wealthy person got that? So sad,,, im just assuming by the way LOL

PC Gaming forever...

can't load the video up because my internet is awesome, no wait it is shit but anyway the teardown videos I've seen in the past look like they've destroyed the device.

What have they done with that?

Nah. They just took off the top of the case

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Nah. They just took off the top of the case

Ahh now I feel foolish lol

nice at least there not using the stock fan

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------