SSD and gaming performance low end Rig

Hey there,

I wanted know i am low end pc gamer my pc specs are below i wanted to know that is ssd improves gaming performance or anything else actually i wanted to replace my hdd to sdd i only want one

Current PC

Dell Optiplex 9020 MT

8 gb ddr3 ram

gtx 1050ti 

500 gb hd

want to replace hd to Samsung 1TB 850EVO

is it worth it

Yes, it [will improve gaming experience as your OS can draw more frequently and with less downtime over an HDD]. You'll have to reinstall Windows to the SSD for best effect.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

It will improve performance of hard disk related tasks. Loading times, for example, will improve. In-game performance will hardly be affected, since you have enugh RAM not to hit the HDD at all during gameplay. However, if you play a game that sometimes needs to read new areas from disk during gameplay, an SSD will help reduced the hiccups.

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

It will improve performance of hard disk related tasks. Loading times, for example, will improve. In-game performance will hardly be affected, since you have enugh RAM not to hit the HDD at all during gameplay. However, if you play a game that sometimes needs to read new areas from disk during gameplay, an SSD will help reduced the hiccups.

ok i will upgrade ram to 16 as well, so it means there will no such difference in  gaming performance but overall it will improve my other tasks. 

Everything will feel smoother, load comes will be decreased, sometimes drastically. Your fps will most likely stay the same, but moving to new areas on maps will have reduced lag on loading the area.

I bought a32GB SSD for$150 when they first came out, never gone back and now when I use a HDD based PC I constantly think it's frozen because Firefox hadn't opened within a second of clicking.

It comes down to latency 'per file' + multiple access's once more and file access times to get to the destination so quickly without spinning any discs...

The instant response you see with applications and loading isn't the 500/450 (Read/Write) in a sense, but the miniscule time it takes to find 'thousands of tiny files' in such magnitude of increasing speeds.

(SSD)Milliseconds to reach and read any single file,.multiples at a time in fact...(Iops)

(HDD) Multiple Hundreds of Milliseconds(100-9000+) Thousands of Milliseconds depending on the queued heavy multiple operation workload that may happen given the disc nature being slow on multiple access's,..due to seeking out data taking so much longer and can only be done so fast (Iops)

(Google these terms if no one brings up the entire name)

Compatability - Sata is Sata, Backwards com-pat 1/2/3 - You usually use AHCI mode in the bios for a Windows Install,..opposed to specifics needs of ide/raid/others, on either HDD or SSD.

Set the Motherboard to BOOT from the SSD device once the old HDD data has been cloned/copied/reinstalled onto the SSD.

Any and Most software/conflict problems can usually be fixed with a reinstall, (From USB/DISC) then manually doing the drivers/programs for a MUCH MUCH cleaner system without residual junk left from the past taking a small small chunk of random performance, it's smooth sailing, clean, fast, lovely.

*Keeping games on your 500GB/anything really, Windows won't interrupt the HDD doing it's gaming thing, Windows blips you won't notice on an SSD while using it or a HDD at the same time (for the most part of everyday use/gaming)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Get smaller SSD and keep the HDD. Then you have more money for

upgrades that will make a difference in gaming.

That's an F in the profile pic