Loud Popping Sound Coming From PC Help

Vandorlot

My PC made a loud popping sound almost like a balloon popped. While this happened my display turned black and then turned back on. Right now everything is working fine. I rebooted and everything is working like normal. Not sure if this is related but not long before I was trying Nicehashes benchmarks because I wanted to get into mining and this pop happened shortly after. Also, whenever I try to do the benchmarks, a lot of them fail, and sometimes my display goes black and turns back on and it always ended with my pc shutting down.

Edit: After multiple reboots pc still boots fine and heres my parts. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mQQtcc

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

My PC is only half a year old btw.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Probably one of the caps popped.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I can only agree with @NumLock21, that sounds like a popped capacitor. 

Check every single one you can see on your motherboard and graphics card.  A popped capacitor kinda looks like this :

5a681ee457936_poppedcapacitors.jpg.66495d60fcb3b6c526f44c95ab290cfb.jpg

Unless you've been doing crazy overclocking, it's just a case of bad luck. 

The GPU most likely had a bad capacitor, but I don't think that it's the NH benchmark that pushed it over the edge.  GPUs are often pushed to 100% for extended periods of time during gaming too. 

7 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

8 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Ill check on my motherboard, but I can't check my GPU because I would have to unscrew a screw with a sticker on it which would void the warranty. I haven't done any OC on the gpu and barely any on my cpu. What would be sidew effects of a popped capacitor? 

My Rig

Peripherals

8 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

7 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Well I checked the motherboard and everything seems pretty good there so that leaves the GPU. I have another 1 and a half years of warranty. Since its on the gpu I don't think it will pose any threats to other parts so I'm thinking of leaving it and if a capicator did blow and decides to leak or damage the GPU then I would be able to use the warranty instead of voiding it and then having to fix it myself. Would this be a smart idea?

My Rig

Peripherals

It may keep running properly, it may be a potential fire hazard. There's no way of telling really. 

Personally I'd get in touch with the manufacturer and let them determine the course of action (which will most likely be an RMA).