Is water cooling worth it?

Go to solution Solved by For Science!,

@ekkelekkekt My opinion:

For performance? - Not worth the investment (especially in your case if getting a 1080Ti is the alternative)

For looks - Yes, I think it looks great

For silence - Yes, and this is in my opinion the principle gain in custom water cooling

For longevity - Maybe, but you will likely replace the components before you get to the point of noticing differences in degradation.

I just hate AIO, if you need to go watercooling, do it the right way

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

As all the previous said, custom loop is worth it. FYI, a 1080 WILL NOT get you 1440 144hz max settings - Witcher 3 maxed gets about 80 with hairworks and 90 without. Pubg gets 60-70 maxed. Overwatch will get you 90 maxed and doom about 90-100 maxed too. (Source: I have 1440p + 1080). So go for a better GPU over better cooling, because air cooled models are good, but you wont be hitting 2000mhz on air with Amazing temps.

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!

Depends on what you want to game at 1080p? or 1140p or 4k ?Like said if you want to game above 1080p get the 1080ti if not the normal 1080 is good enough.Something else most over look is their monitor,Do you have a good enough monitor to match what the video card can run ?If all that is good i would delid your cpu which will lower its temps by 20 degrees,After that if your can will support enough rads and a pump/res then water cool it.