The Point of G-SYNC?

TheRuke

I'm not saying it is 'only' good in certain situations, just that it's benefits are more pronounced in certain situations.

Hi so I want you to call me on Skype right now. Don't MAKE me make a YouTube video. I'm really sick of all of the misinformation people are flinging about this. Not a SINGLE heterosexual gamer will doubt its importance after one conversation with me. I guarantee it.™

If they DO deny it, then they need a checkup from the neckup.

Call me and tell me how Garfield eyelid you are about one of the most important things in gaming in the last 20 years.

This is what happened the last time some guy on the internet spread misinformation about gaming, emulation, and computers on my planet.(Actual conversation with him) This is how destroyed he got: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9813_9R3Cqg&hd=1&t=430

Do you have Skype, Mumble, or Ventrilo installed? I want to talk to people like you who are spreading misinformation and confusing people by not knowing a thing about how anything works or its usefulness. G-Sync is REVOLUTIONARY for games--particularly emulation.

Gamers don't LIKE tearing and input lag. Gamers WANT their games like the arcade version of Mortal Kombat II to run smoothly at its 54.7hz requirement. Only a psychopath like you would HOPE for tearing and input lag.

And your qualification to paternalise "people like me" is... ?

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Hi so I want you to call me on Skype right now. Don't MAKE me make a YouTube video. I'm really sick of all of the misinformation people are flinging about this. Not a SINGLE heterosexual gamer will doubt its importance after one conversation with me. I guarantee it.™

If they DO deny it, then they need a checkup from the neckup.

Call me and tell me how Garfield eyelid you are about one of the most important things in gaming in the last 20 years.

This is what happened the last time some guy on the internet spread misinformation about gaming, emulation, and computers on my planet.(Actual conversation with him) This is how destroyed he got: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9813_9R3Cqg&hd=1&t=430

So many psychos.™

Q.E.D.

Gamers don't LIKE tearing and input lag. Gamers WANT their games like the arcade version of Mortal Kombat II to run smoothly at its 54.7hz requirement. Only a psychopath like you would HOPE for tearing and input lag.

Also, since you seem to have access to information noone else has:

Your statement of gamers "WANT"ing comes along with a F of ? p of? and ETA^2 of?

As long as you lack values to proove any of what you're saying, it's nothing but fundamental attribution errors and heuristics, which makes every single "argument" you most carefully phrased invalid.

People are making assumptions in this thread. You claim to know the most probable answers, some proof pls. kkthxbye.

Also you must feel a great amount of dissonance to behave like this.

omfg wrong again lol u still show how immature u are by still fighting me over things completely off topic and all because i disagree with you haha get a life! 

This has nothing to do with you disagreeing with me. If everyone agreed with everyone the forum was rather pointless to say the least.

It's more about you stating marketing "facts" and going on a tanrum on how people don't get them. I'm not trying to be offensive towards you, but being replied to in an offensive manner results in me answering in one.

If anyone had the right to go on a tantrum as yours on my post, it's probably Linus, as imho he really overexagerated and seemed unprofessional, which I quite openly stated. Why you got offended in the first place, is beyond my understanding.

So, I wasn't nice, you were not nice, now every1 is nice again. ^^

AMD: we uhm, found the name, by umh, looking, umh at V-sync , and umh other companies naming shemes,'

No more like

AMD: "The same comes from our Radeon series of graphics cards. The R stands for radeon and sync refers to the syncing of the actual refresh rate to the frame rate."

Audience: "But that name is so similar to nvidia's G-Sync, and from what you are saying it does the exact same thing."

AMD: "Well yeah but... Oh look the final release date for Mantle!"

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

This thread was made in response to that video...

That does it. Pull over.

Give me your Skype information. I'm TIRED of people saying things like "G-sync is only good for x or x." WOW you need to get off of my planet. If Carl Sagan were alive he'd make an entire SERIES on how revolutionary G-Sync is because IT IS and if you deny it you might as well deny evolution or the CURVATURE OF THE EARTH. WOW I'm sure glad deadbolts were invented for doors.

So many psychos.™

Considering your name and the number of posts you have, I think you're an angry fanboy. Please explain here and not on Skype why this technology is so great that you could say it was created by our savior GabeN himself.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

No more like

AMD: "The same comes from our Radeon series of graphics cards. The R stands for radeon and sync refers to the syncing of the actual refresh rate to the frame rate."

Audience: "But that name is so similar to nvidia's G-Sync, and from what you are saying it does the exact same thing."

AMD: "Well yeah but... Oh look the final release date for Mantle!"

Oh look, Nivida decided not to share :(

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

G-Sync doesn't lock your framerate, but eliminates tearing.

G-SYNC locks your framerate to the refresh rate of the monitor.  What's different is that the refresh rate isn't locked anymore  :D