Is this worth keeping?

I found this water cooling package at a surplus/flea market style store this weekend and I am considering keeping it if it doesn't sell in the next few weeks. But do any of you have an experience with thermaltake watercooling stuff, and is it worth keeping and buy soft line to replace the hard line in the kit as I have no way to bend the hardline.  This is the kit I picked up.

Thermaltake RL240 D5 Hardline

Yeah 

I would check for any leaks before you put it in a system tho

My life

You probably don't want to buy a soft tubing kit as it might not work... Bending hard tubes just relies on some heat and patience. There's probably some guides out there. Anyhow, Thermaltake isn't bad with it's liquid cooling. They're somewhat reliable, and quality is ok. I personally would go with EKWB, but if you already have that kit, you might as well use it.

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

I would say certainly, it has a D5 pump and the radiator is a high fin count so it can dissipate more heat for it's size, looks pretty thick too so it'll dump enough heat for pretty much any cpu. Looks like a really cool little kit, in hind sight I probably should have gone with something like this instead of a full custom loop as sorting through all of the information is rather difficult.  I actually built one loop and then redid it because I didn't realize that the tubing was so small.  This kit has 16mm tubing so it will look good.  Plus you can still add on to it like gpu block, fill and drain port, flow meter, coolant temp sensors, silver plug's etc.  This is way nicer than an AIO if you want some DIY thrown in.

edit: oh yeah, gonna need some tools for bending, they make kit's.  Go check out performance pc's website

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

4 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

You probably don't want to buy a soft tubing kit as it might not work... Bending hard tubes just relies on some heat and patience. There's probably some guides out there. Anyhow, Thermaltake isn't bad with it's liquid cooling. They're somewhat reliable, and quality is ok. I personally would go with EKWB, but if you already have that kit, you might as well use it.

That was my plan.  Sell this kit and then use the money to go buy the EK aluminum kit that comes with a CPU and GPU block and run that so the whole system is under water.  I would also add an additional 240 rad to that setup as well as I don't think a single 240 rad would cool and overclocked 1700x and 1080ti  

3 minutes ago, Psittac said:

I would say certainly, it has a D5 pump and the radiator is a high fin count so it can dissipate more heat for it's size, looks pretty thick too so it'll dump enough heat for pretty much any cpu. Looks like a really cool little kit, in hind sight I probably should have gone with something like this instead of a full custom loop as sorting through all of the information is rather difficult.  I actually built one loop and then redid it because I didn't realize that the tubing was so small.  This kit has 16mm tubing so it will look good.  Plus you can still add on to it like gpu block, fill and drain port, flow meter, coolant temp sensors, silver plug's etc.  This is way nicer than an AIO if you want some DIY thrown in.

edit: oh yeah, gonna need some tools for bending, they make kit's.  Go check out performance pc's website

Yeah, the radiator is massive, don't even know if it will fit in my case.  But I will have to see if it is worth keeping and buying the extra things I would need to finish the loop, like all the things you mentioned plus the tools to bend the tubing. I would also need to grab an AM4 bracket from thermaltake. 

no thanks, id rather not have a fountain in my computer

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016