Statistics on recent CES videos

[This has been made using there CES 2018 Playlist when it has 35 Videos]

1. LTT has uploaded 35 videos in the past 7 days meaning they average about a video every 4.8 hours.
  2. The average duration of there videos (and I'm serious) is 4 minutes 20 seconds.
  3. There most viewed video is "Intel CPU with AMD Graphics HANDS ON! - Hades Canyon NUC" with 920,000+ views
  4. The least viewed video is "SICK Case with RGB Fans for only $159.99!?" with less than 200,000 views
  5. The most number of likes they have is from the "Intel CPU with AMD Graphics HANDS ON! - Hades Canyon NUC" video with 39,500+ likes
  6. The most disliked video is there "Laptop Full of Mysteries from MSI..." video with 2,900+ dislikes

3 minutes ago, aryanoes said:

[This has been made using there CES 2018 Playlist when it has 35 Videos]

1. LTT has uploaded 35 videos in the past 7 days meaning they average about a video every 4.8 hours.
  2. The average duration of there videos (and I'm serious) is 4 minutes 20 seconds.
  3. There most viewed video is "Intel CPU with AMD Graphics HANDS ON! - Hades Canyon NUC" with 920,000+ views
  4. The least viewed video is "SICK Case with RGB Fans for only $159.99!?" with less than 200,000 views
  5. The most number of likes they have is from the "Intel CPU with AMD Graphics HANDS ON! - Hades Canyon NUC" video with 39,500+ likes
  6. The most disliked video is there "Laptop Full of Mysteries from MSI..." video with 2,900+ dislikes

Is this a mathematical proof for MTV style bullshit at CES?

And 0 mentions of Volta :c

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

I would change that 'most number of likes' stat to 'best like to dislike ratio'. If a video has tons of views, it will probably be liked more, also disliked more. Cool stats though.

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

11 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

How much money do they get per each viewer on Youtube?

I think on average they get $1 per 1000 views so they must be getting $0.001 per view

1M is 1000x1000, so thats $1000

Thats not much at all. No wonder Linus is doing Floatplane and advertisements up the ying yang. Gotta pay for the crew salaries and the new digs.

I find that almost every tech youtuber out there are doing the exact same type of video. CES is about a wide range of products not only computers. I know that most here will only focus on computers, where showing something other than computer related devices results in a massive riot. Some need to realized that computer components at CES is just a microscopic portion, of what the whole event is about. It the same with Computex, while Computex is mainly focus on computer parts, there's tons more to see. No amount of Youtube videos will ever let you experience this. You have physically be there, to truly experience it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Thats not much at all. No wonder Linus is doing Floatplane and advertisements up the ying yang. Gotta pay for the crew salaries and the new digs.

According to social blade: https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/linustechtips

Linus is averaging almost 2 Million views a day which means he gets $14.7K to $234.9K a month

{Yes I am aware social blade is not the ultimate authority on earning and that the difference in earnings is massive but its the best I can do}

Luke is doing floatplane

The geek himself.

2M views a day?!?!?!?!

WOW

At a quarter mill a a month, yeaaaaa I dunno about that one. $3M a year, minus taxes 35-50%. WOW!!!!

If that be the case, I am impressed!

I see it more like 2M/day = $60K/m net plus auxiliary income streams and vid sponsors. So closer to $1M plus merch, FPC, SFC, TQ, Vid Sponsors, Free Stuff from Vendors. Minus 19 salaries, health plan, WCB, rent/mortgage, utilities, insurance, condo fee, oh and dont forget taxes!

How many LMG staff went to CES this year?

It was all comped!

7 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

I find that almost every tech youtuber out there are doing the exact same type of video. CES is about a wide range of products not only computers. I know that most here will only focus on computers, where showing something other than computer related devices results in a massive riot. Some need to realized that computer components at CES is just a microscopic portion, of what the whole event is about. It the same with Computex, while Computex is mainly focus on computer parts, there's tons more to see. No amount of Youtube videos will ever let you experience this. You have physically be there, to truly experience it.

I also think that's because of the audience they have. Most people subscribe to tech channels to learn simply about the newest phones, laptops or computers or to get benchmarks on computer hardware which leads to tunnel vision for the channel where they only focus on those aspects of tech since that's what gets the clicks and allows them to continue running their channels

7 hours ago, Being Delirious said:

Luke is doing floatplane

He meant Linus as the company Linus Tech Tips. (Also Linus is incharge of Floatplane as well)

16 minutes ago, aryanoes said:

He meant Linus as the company Linus Tech Tips. (Also Linus is incharge of Floatplane as well)

Luke is CEO of floatplane, it's the law.

The geek himself.

4 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Luke is CEO of floatplane, it's the law.

COO

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

It does not matter what Luke is, CEO or COO. He is just a cute face of the bunch! Has he ever shown his abs? :x

6 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

None because we all use adblock

How can Linus afford his HQ?

3 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

p

Imagine if the top tech we have today was in our possession 30 years ago!

I remember paper licenses!

Then if we could do that, imagine if we retained all the knowledge and memories!

We'd be multi billionaires! with no effort at all.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

Poor Volta :c

pigeon.jpg

OK  you got me there LOL

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

And no HTC vive pro coverage, seriously why didn't they cover it?!

Luke loves VR and i'm sure he's exited for the HTC vive pro, but for some reason, no video...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon