UPS fan spins up when I use computer

Hi 

I am wondering if the shitty Lite On PSU is making the UPS fan spin up. I have a 750 TI with a 6 pin power connector. Is it too much, making wall load causing UPS fan spin up. Only happens when I use that computer. XP is probably not helping on it. I use it to retro game. I should say that its a high powered UPS APC XS 1500. It's using around 400 watts with My main PC and the PC i'm talking about with the 40" tv and the 2 stereo receivers. The meter was fluctuating between 350 and 400. Looks around half load. Seems like allot. 2 PCs are idling. No audio from receiver. 

3 minutes ago, Eric Kazer said:

Hi 

I am wondering if the shitty Lite On PSU is making the UPS fan spin up. I have a 750 TI with a 6 pin power connector. Is it too much, making wall load causing UPS fan spin up. Only happens when I use that computer. XP is probably not helping on it. I use it to retro game. I should say that its a high powered UPS APC XS 1500. It's using around 400 watts with My main PC and the PC i'm talking about with the 40" tv and the 2 stereo receivers. The meter was fluctuating between 350 and 400. Looks around half load. Seems like allot. 2 PCs are idling. No audio from receiver. 

If your running on battery backup it must turn on the fan as the DC to AC converter gets fairly hot. 

21 minutes ago, Eric Kazer said:

It has power to it. 

If it has power from the wall it shouldn't be running the fan, try disconnecting your system and running a different load on it to see if it still cause it. Sounds like your unit is malfunctioning. 

Wait... Is the meter on the UPS? It's telling you the load of the PC, monitor/TV and the receiver?  Because that sounds pretty low.  Like maybe for the PC only, but a 40" TV and a receiver (w/ amp) can use a lot of power.

No printer or anything else either?

Around 350 with my main rig, Pioneer 5.1 110 watt per channel Receiver(no or low audio), BIC sub-woofer 1200 watt, Hight channel receiver (old Onkyo).

Now, with the pc in question, 17" Dell 4:3 LCD monitor, the pc is a E8500, 750 Ti, 8 GB DDR 3 memory Lap top 2.5 inch hard drive G41C-GS motherboard, Lite On PS-5301-08HA power supply. Fan only spins up when I am using this computer with everything else I mentioned. I have a AMD system that does not do that. Also, Another Intel System that does not do that. I am questioning the efficiency computer's PSU. It is a Lite on. Its not a Corsair VS 500 like I should be using, also like in the other PCs (except the main PC which is a AX 850).

The 40 inch TV is a 4k Samsung. LED back lit. I don't think that the tv draws much at all. PSU for tv is built into it (no wall wart or external adapter.

Also with a similar pc with a VS 500 in it, that doesn't happen. Rules out different load.

I ordered a Corsair VS-500. I will see if that does it. My theory is that PSU's load differently at the source power. In this case at the ups. With just my main PC, Sterno Receivers, Subwoofer, TV in use PC it around 280 to 300 on the meter of the UPS at idle (just this page open).