GPU Price Skyrocket

epic_ziver_D
20 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

if i only would play AAA games Xbox One X paired with Keyboard and Mouse is a way better deal then a PC

Yeah,  because everyone should be forced out of choice and limited to 30 FPS or under with inferior graphical fidelity.

The better deal would be the manufacturers having insight into market demands and adequately adjusting production volumes.

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

5 minutes ago, Hellion said:

Yeah,  because everyone should be forced out of choice and limited to 30 FPS or under with inferior graphical fidelity.

The better deal would be the manufacturers having insight into market demands and adequately adjusting production volumes.

30 FPS? (Wrong btw) Also, who the fuck cares about graphics anyway, it doesn't add anything major to the story. Personally I'm getting it for racing games as I can't do them on PC, but the horror of subpar frame rate!!!

24 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

30 FPS? (Wrong btw) Also, who the fuck cares about graphics anyway, it doesn't add anything major to the story. Personally I'm getting it for racing games as I can't do them on PC, but the horror of subpar frame rate!!!

Show me a third party benchmark where an xbox is actually consistently pushing 4k 60+ FPS... You can't because it's outside the boundaries of what the hardware can do.

Are you really trying to downplay the importance of graphics in a PC enthusiast forum while mentioning storyline and racing games at the same time?

I'm seriously trying to hold back outright laughing at you right now. 

18 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

No XBox one S i mean the XBox One X which have RX580 performance for under $500 total cost! a single RX580 is now $400. 30 FPS and 720p is not a thing with this beast. It performs better then anything you can build now as a PC for under $500.

By the way if the Xbox One S is on sale for low as $150 last black Friday it is a good deal for what it is and yes it does not have Steam :/

That's so far from the point I'm not even sure why you would bring that up...

Consumers should never have freedom of choice stripped from them because the idiots running the manufacturing process lack foresight and are unable to keep up with market demands.

The price to performance of a shitty consol has nothing to do with this.

3 minutes ago, Hellion said:

Show me a third party benchmark where an xbox is actually consistently pushing 4k 60+ FPS... You can't because it's outside the boundaries of what the hardware can do.

Are you really trying to downplay the importance of graphics in a PC enthusiast forum while mentioning storyline and racing games at the same time?

I'm seriously trying to hold back outright laughing at you right now. 

Did I say 4k 60fps? Nope, I only play at 1080p. But hey feel free to be a total tosser when someone mentions consoles because it's cheaper for them on a limited budget. And yes I personally love racing games on the console as it's easier for my hands.

Feel free to mock someone with disabilities tho, it's a nice thing to do.

54 minutes ago, Hellion said:

Out of stock prices are irrelevant since the item is not actually obtainable. Not sure where you've been but something like an RX580 is going for $500+ at most Canadian retailers.  I was at Memory Express just last night and a guy at the counter was being helped out by staff carrying two shipping boxes of 1070's that had 10 or 12 cards each.

The Canadian market was slower to be affected but it still very much is and will be at the same point as the American side in short order.

Damn, fair enough.

That's pretty crazy though, two boxes of GTX 1070's....

The last time I really checked GTX 1070 / 1070Ti prices/availability was around Boxing Day ~ first week of January.

(*Was* planning to throw a GTX 1070 into my i5-4690K system)

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

2 hours ago, Bit_Guardian said:

They do have IP. They've been developing GPU architectures for more than 10 years now. That said, I know they will have to buy access to various fundamental patents, but Intel has the money to do that just fine.

No partnering required. AMD, Imagination, ARM, and Nvidia all cross-license patents to each other as needed.

I believe this is what your were referenceing

When it comes to the actually partnership yes they will inturn be asking AMD to do all R&D and at that point deploy it to intel and it would become single cpu/apu design around a single chip. Very different idea then what intel has on hand currently at there disposal with their current discrete graphics It really speaks volumes why they hired former Amd radeon lead graphics division Raja Koduri.

The video goes into all the detail. about partnerships involved basically intel's way of cutting nvidia completely out of the gaming/pc market this could change things. If Apu could be as efficient and pack enough performance to rivial desktop class cards in a single chip could result in a shake up at nvidia 

Wow, insanity indeed, I got myself 580 for 200$ on black friday and stock was gone in minutes! (should've bought more :)

4 hours ago, Ddarlington36 said:

I believe this is what your were referenceing

When it comes to the actually partnership yes they will inturn be asking AMD to do all R&D and at that point deploy it to intel and it would become single cpu/apu design around a single chip. Very different idea then what intel has on hand currently at there disposal with their current discrete graphics It really speaks volumes why they hired former Amd radeon lead graphics division Raja Koduri.

The video goes into all the detail. about partnerships involved basically intel's way of cutting nvidia completely out of the gaming/pc market this could change things. If Apu could be as efficient and pack enough performance to rivial desktop class cards in a single chip could result in a shake up at nvidia 

Please do not cite AdoredTV as fact on this issue. He's woefully misinformed. This is a one-time deal. Intel's moving forward with their own dGPUs under their own IP umbrella after this. There will be selective patents they'll have to buy licenses for, but Intel's been at this for 10 years. They most certainly can strike out on their own at this point.

23 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

if i only would play AAA games Xbox One X paired with Keyboard and Mouse is a way better deal then a PC

I do think they added support for it, although it’s not great.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Lucky for me I managed to get 1 of the last 1070 ti founders editions off the nvidia website for £419 ($585) which , in the uk at least , is the cheapest anywhere.

• CPU - Ryzen 7 1700 Motherboard - Ax370 gaming k5 RAM - 2x 4gb ddr4 3000mhz T - force vulcan
  • GPU - Gtx 1070 ti founders edition Case - Phanteks enthoo evolv atx tempered glass Storage - 120gb ssd, 1tb hdd PSU - Corsair hx750i Display - Acer xb271hu Cooling - Cryorig h5 universal Keyboard - Logitech mk270 Mouse - Logitech mk270
  • Operating System - Windows 10 home 64 bit

Even my OG Titan X's are trending around $650-$700 on ebay.  A year ago they were like $450-$500.    I'm considering just selling them and dropping in a 780 I have on my shelf and lowering graphics way down.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 10:39 AM, SC2Mitch said:

Did I say 4k 60fps? Nope, I only play at 1080p. But hey feel free to be a total tosser when someone mentions consoles because it's cheaper for them on a limited budget. And yes I personally love racing games on the console as it's easier for my hands.

Feel free to mock someone with disabilities tho, it's a nice thing to do.

First of all your disability has nothing to do with making poor and irrelevant comments but by all means continue to play the victim. That's your perogative, not mine.

Secondly, when you are comparing an xbox to a PC it's expected that in doing so you will be taking into account the performance difference. I mentioned graphical fidelity which a PC has the ability to do 4k 60 FPS, consoles don't. Also when microshaft makes outlandish claims regarding the newest rendition of the consol,  claiming it's able to adequately do "4k gaming" then that's the standard my opinion is going to be based around.

This has nothing to do with bashing consols. "Just buy an xbox" is clearly not a solution to the problem.