Cryptomining [help]

Go to solution Solved by kb5zue,

Can't help you with your first question but in response to the second question I believe the correct answer would be none.  Then, for your third question, unless you got in on the cryptomining craze back when it first started but to answer that question now with anything other than to say "HELL NO" would be crazy.  It would take years to recover even the cost of electricity that it takes to just run the fan on the card muchless the cost of the card itself.

What softwares do I need to cryptomine, also how much do you earn a day from crytomining from a 1070?

Can't help you with your first question but in response to the second question I believe the correct answer would be none.  Then, for your third question, unless you got in on the cryptomining craze back when it first started but to answer that question now with anything other than to say "HELL NO" would be crazy.  It would take years to recover even the cost of electricity that it takes to just run the fan on the card muchless the cost of the card itself.

https://whattomine.com/

Here you can see how much would you be earning with your GPU.

NiceHash is the easiest program to use for mining.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 hour ago, ClippTube said:

What softwares do I need to cryptomine, also how much do you earn a day from crytomining from a 1070?

59 minutes ago, ClippTube said:

also, is it WORTH it?

Nicehash or winminer are your best bet for mining if your not the most computer savvy person. 

A 1070 can be profitable if you already own and card depending on how much your electricity costs.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

@ClippTube if you already have a 1070, then yeah, it's worth it and you're going to make some money.

How much money depends on your electricity rate.

As @Simon771 said, there's https://whattomine.com and there's also https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator

Just make sure to enter the correct amount you pay for electricity.

If you want to use NiceHash, I also have a guide on how to use it and withdraw to an external wallet for free, see the link in my signature.

I would also remove @kb5zue reply as the best answer, he's completely off the mark and obviously doesn't know much about mining (no offense).

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !