Fortnite fps slow

I have a GTX 970 MSI 4 gb I just rebuilt my pc and added a new water cooler for the cpu I have which is a I7-4790K and I have a MSI Z97 5 mobo and 16 gb of ddr3 ram so I should easily be able to play Fortnite on high settings with a stable 60 FPS but ever since I rebuilt my pc it’s been going from 60-40fps and it’s concerning me. I did add another moniter to my setup I now have three 144hz 1 ms response time moniters hooked up to it. Any ideas on why my FPS is now spiking? Also whenever I use obs to stream my frames drop to a consistent 40 fps. I have changed in game graphic settings and they don’t seem to change a thing. Any ideas on why my FPS is spiking and why when I stream it’s at 40 FPS thanks 

Maybe your CPU is thermal throttling because that could play a big role in it let me know what CPU fan you have

Edited by AndeSandwich

5 minutes ago, AndeSandwich said:

Maybe your CPU is thermal throttling because that could play a big role in it let me know what CPU fan you have

13 minutes ago, Panthercolin said:

added a new water cooler for the cpu I have which is a I7-4790K 

Unless you were referring to the Rad fan?

Specs:

Gaming PC: i5 3570, 16GB 1600MHz, GTX 780 3GB, Transcend 128GB, WD 500GB, Seagate 500GB, Thermaltake 600W Smart, S340 w/ RGB, Windows 10 Pro

Server: Xeon E5 2650, 12GB 1600MHz ECC, 8400GS, WD 2TB + 1TB + 1TB, EVGA 500B 500W, Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: Macbook Pro Retina 2013, i7 4558U, 8GB 1600MHz, Intel Iris Pro 1.5GB, Apple 256GB NVME, Mojave

Internet: $70/month For 500/100, Actually get 525/102

4 minutes ago, newcbomb said:

Unless you were referring to the Rad fan?

Nope i wasn't i didn't see that he wrote that