Dark Souls 1 being remastered

Andreas Lilja

Y Praise the Sun Y

Coming May 25th.

50 % off for existing Steam owners, standard price should be 39.99$

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I really don't get remasters of relatively recent games. Crash remastered made sense to me since that game is the same age I am, but these games still look and feel modern. What do remastered editions get you that the original release doesn't? I'd much prefer devs work on sequels/new IP's instead of releasing Skyrim again.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

PRAISE THE EVERLIVING SUN!!!!! \[T]/

Geeee what took you so long fromsoftware...

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

10 hours ago, CryptoMatt said:

should be free not 50% off for owners, even bethesda let skyrim ownes get SE for free. 

Why?

The price you pay for the original game covers the development costs for the original game. The remaster itself costs money to develop; where would the logic be in them spending money to make this new version if they wouldn't get money back from it?

They don't owe you a remastered version. If you want it buy it, if not don't. They're not forcing you to buy the new version after all.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Some people are hoping for a pure DS1 with 60fps and updated graphics... I'm hoping for DS3 disguised as DS1. So much better mechanically.

14 hours ago, bleedblue said:

I really don't get remasters of relatively recent games. Crash remastered made sense to me since that game is the same age I am, but these games still look and feel modern. What do remastered editions get you that the original release doesn't? I'd much prefer devs work on sequels/new IP's instead of releasing Skyrim again.

Well the first dark souls is shitty, 30fps lock. If you never bought the first it will be worth it to get the remastered, but not if you have the first one already. And personally impressed glad try re realized Skyrim I’ve played it non evey console and VR even on the switch. And I love it every time that game just can’t get old to me 

4 hours ago, Whiskers said:

Why?

The price you pay for the original game covers the development costs for the original game. The remaster itself costs money to develop; where would the logic be in them spending money to make this new version if they wouldn't get money back from it?

They don't owe you a remastered version. If you want it buy it, if not don't. They're not forcing you to buy the new version after all.

No shit you don’t have to buy it why would ou even bring that up? When did I ever say that we HAD to buy it? This was just dumb to say. 

Why? Becase it’s just a nice thing to do. I bet more people will agree with me than you, do you want to buy the same game twice? You can mod the OG game to look better and run at 60fpsnso I rather do that then pay for a new version, if anything it’s it’s greed to this, oh let’s update our texture a thing that modders alredy did butnlets charge for it jsit becase it will be official.

if you want to waste your money go ahead but I won’t support greedy devs.

Not 100% ofnpeople own the OG game so it’s not like they will make no money if anything they will make a lot of money becase little kids who never heard of the game will buy it. So don’t act like they will make no money if let it for free for people who own the game alredy. You just seem dumb. 

1 minute ago, CryptoMatt said:

No shit you don’t have to buy it why would ou even bring that up? When did I ever say that we HAD to buy it? This was just dumb to say. 

Why? Becase it’s just a nice thing to do. I bet more people will agree with me than you, do you want to buy the same game twice? You can mod the OG game to look better and run at 60fpsnso I rather do that then pay for a new version, if anything it’s it’s greed to this, oh let’s update our texture a thing that modders alredy did butnlets charge for it jsit becase it will be official.

if you want to waste your money go ahead but I won’t support greedy devs.

I suppose that ultimately until we have more information on the quality and scope of the remaster we can't really judge its worth either way.

If it turns out to be just a minor enhancement of the existing game (technical enhancements improving framerates, fixing gameplay bugs previously present when the framerate was unlocked etc) then I'll agree, it won't seem to be worth the price - at least not for those of us who already own the original. But if it's a fairly substantial upgrade over the original with higher poly models, higher resolution textures, improved shading, better lighting, perhaps even somewhat redesigned levels which were previously poorly received or felt constrained by the limits of the hardware available at the time... then I don't think it would be unreasonable for them to charge us money, even if we owned the previous game, because they'd have put a lot of time, effort and money into it.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

1 hour ago, CryptoMatt said:

Well the first dark souls is shitty, 30fps lock. If you never bought the first it will be worth it to get the remastered, but not if you have the first one already. And personally impressed glad try re realized Skyrim I’ve played it non evey console and VR even on the switch. And I love it every time that game just can’t get old to me 

As @Whiskers says it depends on what they change/add. For instance its getting dedicated servers so that alone should be of interest to any pvper, plus up to 6 players in a world as opposed to 5. And what I'd imagine most people would definitely put this on their want list, is if they properly finish izalith. Just have to wait and see.

So apparently the 50 % Steam discount was ALLEGEDLY an error on PC Gamer's part. Not really interested if it's really 40$...

http://www.pcgamer.com/bandai-namco-on-dark-souls-pc-remaster-there-is-no-discount/

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

13 hours ago, CryptoMatt said:

Why? Becase it’s just a nice thing to do. I bet more people will agree with me than you, do you want to buy the same game twice? You can mod the OG game to look better and run at 60fpsnso I rather do that then pay for a new version

You are not being realistic.

Try to put yourselves in their boots whether you deserve to be paid or not for your work?

Sure as a customer all we ever want is to spend less to get more but this is reality, reality is different although sometimes there's a possibilities for that like discount or steam sale.

But as @Whiskers said since we dont have complete information regarding the remastered version, we cant judge whether its worth the money or not.

As about skyrim, skyrim SE its just a skyrim with enchance visual effect that is no better than modded skyrim and converted to 64-bit and for me its not worth to spend money on it i mean they already milk skyrim over and over,who's the greedy one now?

so if they are giving it for free then i see no reason on why not?

and stop insulting people this is not Reddit.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

On 12/01/2018 at 1:13 AM, bleedblue said:

Well, ds1 is unplayable on pc. Unless with a controller I mean... But it should not be called a port, they just threw the game at the pc and said fuck it

I loved ds3 but could not play ds1 because it is utter and complete shit on pc

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

39 minutes ago, Taja said:

Well, ds1 is unplayable on pc. Unless with a controller I mean... But it should not be called a port, they just threw the game at the pc and said fuck it

Like with resolution and framerate, there was, and now again is, a mod. The original mouse fix broke with the move from gfwl to steamworks I think, and now there is the input customizer.

1 hour ago, CyanideInsanity said:

Like with resolution and framerate, there was, and now again is, a mod. The original mouse fix broke with the move from gfwl to steamworks I think, and now there is the input customizer.

I tried all mods and it was still shit. And the mouse one didnt work, so it was still unplayable. I think its great they are doing now what should be done YEARS ago, but they are charging way too nuch for it. It should be like 10$ 

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

On 14/1/2018 at 12:01 AM, Taja said:

What are u talking about? i finished DS1 with a keyboard and mice and unlocked 60fps with a simple fix.

Its the best DS1 on the trilogy despite its issues it is playable to me i finished it with no problem at all.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

7 hours ago, Hiya! said:

What are u talking about? i finished DS1 with a keyboard and mice and unlocked 60fps with a simple fix.

Its the best DS1 on the trilogy despite its issues it is playable to me i finished it with no problem at all.

Well, the fixes dont work for me. Tried every top one on nexus mods and nothing...

And nonetheless, that is the developers work, ds1 is the worst port to pc I ever seen

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

8 minutes ago, Taja said:

Well, the fixes dont work for me. Tried every top one on nexus mods and nothing...

And nonetheless, that is the developers work, ds1 is the worst port to pc I ever seen

Yes but we are a PC gamer not console.

If the dev didnt give a dam then we must improvise.

I wonder why the fix didnt work on you cause its just a simple script.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Hopes for the game:

Dual wielding is added

Blightown is removed (jks but for real I want the 60fps to apply here also)

Pinwheel is made an actual boss

Pendant is given a function

Ash lake is expanded and pvp is enabled down there

Backstab chains/cancels are fixed

Bed of chaos is reworked

On 11/01/2018 at 9:50 PM, CryptoMatt said:

should be free not 50% off for owners, even bethesda let skyrim ownes get SE for free. 

RE was free if you owned skyrim and all dlc

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

RE was free if you owned skyrim and all dlc

Didn’t they switch it at some point so you had to buy ledgedary edition so you oratory much had the dlc if ou had the game 

2 minutes ago, CryptoMatt said:

Didn’t they switch it at some point so you had to buy ledgedary edition so you oratory much had the dlc if ou had the game 

? I got a note from steam when the remaster came out telling me that because I have all the dlc I get it for free.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

? I got a note from steam when the remaster came out telling me that because I have all the dlc I get it for free.

Yeah but what I said before