Nvidia Geforce Experience Game Optimisation Problem

Batuhan Apatay

Hello. My geforce experience has a weird problem. I don't know why it doesn't accept my cpu.

I have an i7-8700k.. 

5a56315188ed8_gforceexperience.thumb.png.0543b0aae6fa35aaa75897b7c6db5007.png

probably the cpu is too new experience isn't properly updatet yet, but with that setup you dont need game optimization, just max everything out :D

Edit: btw you should get more ram...

Try not to use the Nvidia game optimization option. It generally does a pretty crap job and isn't worth the hassle.

9 minutes ago, Leonius said:

Yeah, 8GB is really quite a bottleneck in today's games. 1080Ti, 8700K and 8GB RAM is a weird combo. If you have a few grand to get a system like this, the extra $80-100 for 16GB shouldn't matter that much :D 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

9 hours ago, Leonius said:

probably the cpu is too new experience isn't properly updatet yet, but with that setup you dont need game optimization, just max everything out :D

9 hours ago, johnukguy said:

Try not to use the Nvidia game optimization option. It generally does a pretty crap job and isn't worth the hassle.

9 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

Yeah, 8GB is really quite a bottleneck in today's games. 1080Ti, 8700K and 8GB RAM is a weird combo. If you have a few grand to get a system like this, the extra $80-100 for 16GB shouldn't matter that much :D 

I think I was using it with this system before. Something has changed. I don't know what.

About ram, I do have 16 GB ram but one of those sticks are defective. I'm waiting for the replacement. I know 8 GB isn't enough :D

Edit:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1033880/geforce-experience/cpu-not-ready-in-latest-geforce-experience-/

Apperantly it's NVIDIA's fault :D

8 Gb is plenty and 16 gives no real performance benefit in games. The game optimization thing is simply crap. Don't use it.

17 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

8 Gb is plenty and 16 gives no real performance benefit in games. The game optimization thing is simply crap. Don't use it.

You OBVIOUSLY do not play all games...

It is likely you only play a select few....

You are QUITE WRONG & Generalizing an OLD truth.

Frame Delivery and Smoothness matters, and with 16GB, MODERN GAMES SUFFER LESS.

*The low-midrange notice it less because they never got that high performance to be sensitive to it...
Take any decent enthusiast RIG, drop down to 8GB Ram, you can clearly see differences in many if not most titles, in regards to smoothness and frame delivery... and thousands of benchmarks online to prove this, educate yourself before you tell others false claims.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

5 hours ago, johnukguy said:

several games easily use 6gb+ of ram, when i start up cities: skylines it takes up to 10gb of ram (with several mods). GTA V uses up to 5 gb for me and if you have chrome open at the same time no way 8gb is enough. Your statement might have been true 5 years ago but now... NO.

2 hours ago, Leonius said:

several games easily use 6gb+ of ram, when i start up cities: skylines it takes up to 10gb of ram (with several mods). GTA V uses up to 5 gb for me and if you have chrome open at the same time no way 8gb is enough. Your statement might have been true 5 years ago but now... NO.

It doesn't matter. Having 16 Gb of Ram will make virtually no difference to your gaming performance beyond perhaps 5 fps in some games, unless you are talking exclusively about new games that might use more than most. Having more VRAM is more helpful but, above 8Gb, for most games, there is no real difference. It has nothing to do with what was the case five years ago.

7 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

You OBVIOUSLY do not play all games...

It is likely you only play a select few....

You are QUITE WRONG & Generalizing an OLD truth.

Frame Delivery and Smoothness matters, and with 16GB, MODERN GAMES SUFFER LESS.

*The low-midrange notice it less because they never got that high performance to be sensitive to it...
Take any decent enthusiast RIG, drop down to 8GB Ram, you can clearly see differences in many if not most titles, in regards to smoothness and frame delivery... and thousands of benchmarks online to prove this, educate yourself before you tell others false claims.

I can back it up.You can't because you're talking utter bollocks for the most part, since only a few very modern games benefit tangibly from more than 8 Gb of RAM and that's usually because people are using GPU's that don't have enough VRAM, forcing the system to use RAM to try and compensate.

8 GB isn't enough. 16 GB is more than enough for today's standards for gaming. When I play GTA online, my RAM maxes out. (Graphic settings are affective as well. Since I have a GTX 1080 ti. I use everything maxed out at 1080p, I also have a 2k display but I'M waiting for a replacement for that one as well.)

16 hours ago, johnukguy said:

8 Gb is plenty and 16 gives no real performance benefit in games

This is where you're completely Wrong.

It DOES make a difference to a point, where you get framedrops with only 8gb. And this can be measured. There has been multiple tests.

Of course, 8gb will work, and are the bare minimum. Nothing will be unplayable. But with 16gb, it WILL run better, with more stable frametimes.

Edit: Star Wars Battlefront started, also BF 4 and 1 react similar: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Star-Wars-Battlefront-Spiel-34950/Specials/Beta-Technik-Benchmarks-1173656/

Better Frametimes with 16gb System memory, compared to 8gb.

Like i said, 8gb will NOT be unplayable, or anything. But 16gb WILL be measureable smoother (aka, less frame drops = better / more stable frametimes).

Some might notice it, some not.

But i would also NOT recommend only getting 16gb. For me personally, 8gb isn't even enough for Web browsing alone (without any gaming).

Even my 16gb i could make them give me errors, becaus enot enough Ram.

Games like Rise of the Tomb Raider sometimes take 5-6gb Ram alone. And no, Vram was NOT full (GTX 1080 with 8gb, which was NOT full).

3 hours ago, Darkseth said:

This is where you're completely Wrong.

But i would also NOT recommend only getting 16gb. For me personally, 8gb isn't even enough for Web browsing alone (without any gaming).

Even my 16gb i could make them give me errors, becaus enot enough Ram.

Games like Rise of the Tomb Raider sometimes take 5-6gb Ram alone. And no, Vram was NOT full (GTX 1080 with 8gb, which was NOT full).

Do you people not know how to read? I said that it makes little difference in most games, except for a few modern ones, which is the one you mentioned (and about the only one you could find of course). And if you need 16 Gb of RAM just to browse the web, there is something seriously screwed with your system and you really shouldn't be giving anyone any tech advice.

Hello There! [:

DDU in safe mode:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then reinstall GeForce Experience fresh new, let it install the latest driver, don't update drivers through it though, if your games are running fine stick to your driver until you really need to update it for a new game.

This will fix it for you, the reason why this happens is non-important to me personally.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)