Good God. Somebody. Help. Trident Z RGB Issues...

Okay. I've been having a plethora of issues, and I'm so fed up with all of them. If a solution here works, I'll gladly pay someone instead of buying new components for hundreds of dollars myself for testing.

In short, I built my system back in September and since day 10 have had issues, mostly with BSODs. Most of them point to memory issues, but others also point to graphical driver issues. 

I've bested most of the original BSODs to my knowledge when I reinstalled Windows in December, but a few have arose since then, especially when gaming & surfing the web.

I'm mostly worried about my memory issues, as they seem to be more prevalent than anything else, so that can take priority focus.

I'm just going to puke everything I've collected data-wise about the errors, including BSOD error names, dump files, plenty of pictures, and so on.

System:

CPU: Ryzen 1600X (Stock)

MB: ASUS ROG Strix X370-F Gaming (Updated to latest BIOS)

RAM: Trident Z RGB 16 GB 3000 Mhz Kit (F4-3000C16-8GTZR) & Trident Z RGb 16 GB 3200 Mhz Kit (F4-3200C16-8GTZR) (Stock 2133 Mhz)

Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52

GPU: (2-way SLI) 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW w/ ASUS HB SLI Bridge

PSU: Corsair RM 1000X

Peripherals:

Case: Corsair 570X

Fans: 6x Corsair LL 120mm Fans

LED Strips: 1x 60mm Cablemod RGB LED Strip, 4x Corsair Addressable RGB LED Strips

Controller: Corsair Commander Pro

First off, even if the system doesn't work fully, it looks freaking amazing. Someone agree with me:

Image_uploaded_from_iOS.jpg?width=616&he

Alright now; to the troublesome items:

Recorded Blue Screens Errors:

Spoiler

BSOD:

(Prior to Windows Reinstall)

1. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (What failed: Npfs.sys)

Reason: Potential Corrupt Drivers, Bad Memory/Incorrectly setup Memory, and Antivirus.

1. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (What failed: dxgmms2.sys)

Reason: Potential Memory OR Driver Issue

(Following Windows Reinstall)

1. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (What failed: nvlddmkm.sys)

Reason: Nvidia display drivers priority (IRQL) were too high when they attempted to access invalid memory (memory that is meant for the system only and nothing else), this memory can only be accessed at a minimum IRQL of 1 or 2 (not sure exactly) because IRQL 1 and 2 are for the system (Windows itself), higher is for hardware. Could be memory or Windows.

1. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (What failed: nvlddmkm.sys)

Reason: Nvidia Driver is corrupt. Current Driver now installed (388.71)

1. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (What failed: BasicRender.sys)

Reason: Memory Related

4.  DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Reason: Unknown (because of lack of bugcode)

5.  IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Reason: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms854226.aspx

(Intentional Driver Verifier Test)

1. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (What failed: mbamswissarmy.sys)

Reason: Too variable to identify. Uninstalled malwarebytes to solve problem. Most likely not related to above issues.

Strange Display Error (Prior to Windows Reinstall):

(Attached as 11.17.17 Display Driver Errors.zip)

Came home to a really fuzzy and low resolution screen. Freaked me out at first. Looks like a driver update failed, but hell if I know.

Strange Display Error (After Windows Reinstall):

Noticed along with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD that just before it crashed, Nvidia Container started to put 100% load on all my cores. 

*Worth mentioning that before every crash, (which is why I think it is memory related) one of the following programs dies:

• CAM (Most frequent)
  • Google Chrome (Aww Snap Memory-Related Error)
  • Wallpaper Engine

Suspected RAM Issues:

(https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JVy64V9-if4-PDiFztq8wHiA-SzOqVjH)

Used Thaiphoon to pull SPD information. CRC Errors on every stick. The first 3000 Mhz stick has two different errors, on occasion only 1 or 2 sticks can be read by Thaiphoon, sometimes pulled SPD Read information is completely wrong or all unknown.

Memory Dumps from above BSODs, but I have no idea how to read them (More recent than Old Dump Files below)

*I'm aware that Ryzen and Intel Trident Z RGB RAM don't play nicely together, and additionally, neither does Asus Aura, which I use quite frequently. That's why I assume there are memory issues, however I can't confirm that my SPDs are corrupted because there are reads on Thaiphoon that have correct SPD info.*

Post on Microsoft Forms:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/bsod-every-week-whats-wrong/7006101f-593e-46ec-a7e5-057afa3f7d46

Old Dump Files (Prior to Windows Reinstall):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11CV7WKIv0xCa1Q09bV8VyNPfRoVyiw74

Again, if someone can give me a successful solution and I see it work, I'll happily pay.

Just message for any further questions.

11.17.17 Display Driver Errors.zip

4 minutes ago, Novabutter said:

First off, even if the system doesn't work fully, it looks freaking amazing. Someone agree with me:

Image_uploaded_from_iOS.jpg?width=616&he

thats a nice christmas tree right there

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

so you are using 2 different ram dimms with different speeds? no wonder you are getting BSOD's... that happened to me a lot when i did that.. 

She/Her

12 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

so you are using 2 different ram dimms with different speeds? no wonder you are getting BSOD's... that happened to me a lot when i did that.. 

Using older hardware myself. But I use 2 different types/speeds of memory, both running at the same speed. (that's how it works) 4 sticks in total. My pc is totaly stable and will be operational/in use for months on end without a reboot.

2 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Using older hardware myself. But I use 2 different types/speeds of memory, both running at the same speed. (that's how it works) 4 sticks in total. My pc is totaly stable and will be operational/in use for months on end without a reboot.

some boards/chipsets are better with it than others. i used ddr2 667 and 800 mhz dimms together for years in various socket 775 machines, with no issue.

but my old laptop completely freaked out when i tried to do the same... i'm talking not even booting to the bios.. 

She/Her

25 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

And no, they both run at stock (2133 Mhz). As long as the CAS latencies are the same, they will work together fine. Says so in the manual. 

Just now, Novabutter said:

And no, they both run at stock (2133 Mhz). As long as the CAS latencies are the same, they will work together fine. Says so in the manual. 

oh okay, you didn't specify that both are running stock. nevermind. 

She/Her

Did you do a clean OS install on an updated BIOS? Also, have you installed the latest AMD chipset drivers, which came out a couple of weeks ago, from the AMD website?

Uninstall CAM, that software is a giant piece of bloatware that causes tons of issues. After that run your system through some stress testing and try to make it fail.

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

12 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

Did you do a clean OS install on an updated BIOS? Also, have you installed the latest AMD chipset drivers, which came out a couple of weeks ago, from the AMD website?

Oh no I do need to update the chipset. Thanks for the reminder. I'll try that, but it don't think that's all the issues. If it is, thanks!

2 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

Uninstall CAM, that software is a giant piece of bloatware that causes tons of issues. After that run your system through some stress testing and try to make it fail.

See but I need CAM to change colors on my AIO. As far as I know, CAM isn't causing problems either.

1 minute ago, Novabutter said:

Oh no I do need to update the chipset. Thanks for the reminder. I'll try that, but it don't think that's all the issues. If it is, thanks!

Yes, updated BIOS and the new chipset drivers would at least narrow things down a little.

1 minute ago, Novabutter said:

See but I need CAM to change colors on my AIO. As far as I know, CAM isn't causing problems either.

Just offering suggestions, It tries to control everything and can cause instability. When I used to have a grid+ in my system I had to use it, 1-2 of my steam games wouldnt even launch if it was running. I've read a few other threads in here that it caused issues as well.

Can't hurt to uninstall it, run some tests and if all checks out reinstall it though eh?

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

Just now, Ginger137 said:

Just offering suggestions, It tries to control everything and can cause instability. When I used to have a grid+ in my system I had to use it, 1-2 of my steam games wouldnt even launch if it was running. I've read a few other threads in here that it caused issues as well.

Can't hurt to uninstall it, run some tests and if all checks out reinstall it though eh?

True. I will try to do that. Thanks for the suggestion. 

if the ram is one of those CL16 modules then it's the ram, beyond that it's trial and error, also could try using the different slots, 1 stick to see if it stops the bsod.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

18 hours ago, xg32 said:

if the ram is one of those CL16 modules then it's the ram, beyond that it's trial and error, also could try using the different slots, 1 stick to see if it stops the bsod.

Wait a second, why does it matter if they are CL16 modules?