Help me, Ryzen PC not working

achamberlayne

Specs: 

CPU: R3 1200

Motherboard: Gigabyte aB350

Ram: team group 2×4GB DDR4 2400

GPU: Palit GTX 1060

PSU: EVGA 500w (don't remember it exactly)

Storage: crucial SSD+ Seagate Barracuda

Short version: was using pc and it started stuttering so I reset it and now it doesn't boot.

Long story: So this was the first pc I have ever built and since it was first constructed in November it's been working pretty well, it has blue screened and crashed a few times but it's become less common. 

I was typing a word document, watching a live stream and updating a some gigabyte software. The live stream started stuttering and it wasn't wifi related  or an overload on CPU and ram as I  checked and they were functioning under 50%. So restarted my pc and I got no picture on my screen and my keyboard and mouse didn't power up. The motherboard CPU and dram LEDs were flickering between each other and my PC fan LEDs are also not lit although they're spinning. 

I've checked the ram, CPU and GPU were seated properly and they were good and made sure cables were in properly and nothings changed. Anyone got any suggestions?

what was the gigabyte software u were updating

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

2 hours ago, Matty2048 said:

what was the gigabyte software u were updating

I can't remember it was stuff in the gigabyte app centre

2 hours ago, biggiepk said:

Reset cmos battery. 

So this is the first time I'm doing this, not sure how. Do I just remove the battery?

Google "signs of a bad or underpowered pc power supply".  The symptoms appear similar to your description above.

21 minutes ago, MikeSK said:

Google "signs of a bad or underpowered pc power supply".  The symptoms appear similar to your description above.

Its been working fine until today though and the power supply has more power than I need. Plus I do not want to buy a new PSU until i know its the issue

Power supplies can die slowly and or kill other hardware at the same time.  Some one else on this forum commented the same brand and rating has known issues. I have yet to figure out how to provide links for this forum to other peoples postings for help.

2 hours ago, achamberlayne said:

I can't remember it was stuff in the gigabyte app centre

You should always be sure of what your installing..

Apart from that to reset your cmos just look in your mobo manual for the location of the jumper pins and with the computer off and power supply unplugged use a screw driver or something metal to jump the two pins.

You should also ensure that your ram is running at the correct speeds. 

Make sure you have the latest version of windows on your computer my friends computer was having issues and it was because of incompatible drivers with an older version of windows 10... might be worth looking into... if this was your first computer build maybe you have missed some updates.

Use this link to update your windows or check for updates:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Cheers

2 hours ago, Tz000 said:

You should always be sure of what your installing..

Apart from that to reset your cmos just look in your mobo manual for the location of the jumper pins and with the computer off and power supply unplugged use a screw driver or something metal to jump the two pins.

You should also ensure that your ram is running at the correct speeds. 

Make sure you have the latest version of windows on your computer my friends computer was having issues and it was because of incompatible drivers with an older version of windows 10... might be worth looking into... if this was your first computer build maybe you have missed some updates.

Use this link to update your windows or check for updates:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Cheers

At the time I knew but I forgotten since, it was all official gigabyte stuff, and I'm pretty sure it was Bios related